Clockwork shell

For the love of all things holy, please stop commenting how there's inaccuracies and shit like "vi's shorter", I started writing this 4 to 5 years ago, arcane wasn't even announced at the time. It's driving me insane seeing them, and I've deleted quite a few of them... I'm very close to unpublishing this story to just stop seeing this stuff.

~ 2 years later~
~Caitlyn's PoV~

Vi had finally earned a small desk to sit at in my large office, She's a massive tower of a human now being six foot three without the heavy high heeled boots she wore all the time now. I started to fill out police reports and paperwork occasionally looking up at the napping enforcer... It was her reward for somehow managing to finish on time... and this time she managed to finish early somehow! 'She's finally maturing I guess.' I thought to myself as I looked up at the lightly snoring enforcer that leaned to the side of her chair, if she leaned a bit further she'd probably end up falling. "Vi." I let out in a stern tone making her quickly snap back into reality.

"Huh?" She let out her bluish-purple eyes peered at me sleepily. "I was getting to a good part, cupcake."

'Oh, there's that damn nickname again!' I thought blushing ever so slightly which had made the pinkette smirk. Ever since she had figured out I absolutely love cupcakes she's been teasing me with that damned nickname. "Well, all good things come to an end, Vi." I replied trying to keep the stern demeanor I always kept.

"Ah, not everything." She said making a small gesture sitting up correctly and stretching out whilst rubbing her sleepy eyes with her left hand.

"Bah, rubbish." I huffed a bit as I went back to filling out the organized mess that was my desk, that was until one of the cadets barged through the door. "What is it, cadet?"

"Ma'am there's been reports of a rogue robot roaming around 'Accidentally' hurting and killing people, she recently killed someone this morning." The male cadet spoke using air quotation marks around accidentally.

"Tsk, people don't hurt other people accidentally, there has to be a reason." The Pinkette spoke up leaning in her chair her posture showed she was somewhat interested. "I know I always have a reason." She added with a smirk.

"Not always Vi," I said pinching the bridge of my nose slightly shaking my head. "Where was she last seen."

The cadet handed me a few blurred pictures before telling the two of us where this hextech robot was last seen, we both nodded and grabbed our weapons before leaving to go after it.

~lil' time skip brought to you by idefk~

I was settled on a rooftop while Vi was on the ground, she was slowly weaving throughout the crowd who still scrambled around hurriedly because of the incident that had occurred earlier today, police tape surrounds the small area where the corpse of a poor person caught in a bad place at a wrong time. Vi looked up at me waving slightly with a childish smile which made me sigh before I heard the slightest ticking noise. "The hell?" I let out in a hushed tone as I looked through the scope of my rifle. "Vi duck." My voice boomed seeing a small ball-like structure flying towards her at high speed.

"Oh shit." Vi yelled ducking down just in time. "the hell was that?" She asked raising her cat scratched eyebrow as crowds of people scrambled out of the area some screaming. After a few seconds the ball was already flying towards her again, Vi smirked as her gauntlets started to smoke, when the ball was close enough she clapped the gloves together sending a wave of scorching heat out of it making the hovering ball fly back a bit. "Is this the thing harming people," Vi asked tilting her head at the idle orb.

There were more ticking noises, soon revealing a metallic similar to the orb, robot, that had bronzish gold-colored 'hair', a large key crank like those old toys, bright glowing blue eyes with very ballerina-like movements. "Uh?" I let out looking through my scope again. I noticed the female was split in the middle and her torso magically floated above her lower half.

Vi let out the smallest laugh. "Are you the thing that's been hurting people? You don't look like that much of a threat, your orb is more threatening." She said mockingly.

"That orb is my pet and protector." The robot replied the metal clockwork-looking skirt turned slowly as she stood still after twirling her upper half.

"Well then, tell your 'protector' to cool its jets," Vi said using air quotation marks with her massive gauntlets. "It's not doing any protection if it's injuring and killing innocent people."

The robot tilted her head to the side slightly. "I was made to be harmful, and do not mean it." She said closing the glowing blue orbs she had for eyes for a moment before opening them.

"Tsk, so? Control yourself, I like to hurt people but you don't see me killing random innocents." Vi spoke rolling her shoulders.

I sat in silence listening to the two as I saw the orb move ever so slightly. "Damnit, keep your damn guard up you dope!" I whisper shouted to myself readying my gun on the orb.

The robot looked around for a moment, 'She must've heard my gun somehow.' I thought as I watched closely still having one keen eye in the scope of my rifle.

"You're not alone are you?" The robot spoke raising a thin metal brow. "I'm not going to harm either of you because I know I'm no match for either of you." She added.

"Probably not," Vi smirked ever so slightly as the ball started to quickly move after vi again.

"Bang," I mumbled pulling the trigger and hitting the orb with precise accuracy. "I and only I am allowed to hurt her," I added watching the orb get knocked back and crashing down to the ground.

The female robot quickly moved past the enforcer and kneeled by the orb that now had a fairly large bullet hole in it and looked up directly at me before looking down. "Please, my pet... I need to dance into oblivion with you... please." She said in a hushed tone she then looked up at me. "It was only trying to protect me." She spoke in a calm tone, the only tone of voice she was capable of using.

"Protecting isn't hurting those who don't do anything to you," I replied after climbing down the building blowing the barrel of my rifle because of the smoke. "We will try to fix it if you answer some questions," I added as Vi took a few steps closer to the kneeling robot.

The robot stayed kneeling for a moment before turning her torso a full one hundred eighty degrees to look at Vi who was now behind her holding out a massive gauntlet to help her get back on her feet. The robot looked at her for a few moments then grabbed her gauntlet lightly picking herself off of the ground. "Alright, I will." She answers simply as she picked up the orb with ease.

~an hour later~

We had taken away the orb from the clockwork robot we now know as Orianna, so we could attempt to repair it. 'Orianna seems very misunderstood and is fairly friendly so she isn't that much of a threat... I won't hold any charges against her, she honestly didn't mean any harm that she caused....' I thought sitting at my desk once again, I looked up noticing Vi had nodded off once again. 'Her and sleeping.' I thought letting a small laugh out and then continuing filling out what I had stopped to help with the problem earlier.

__________
FINALLY ANOTHER CHAPTER! So sorry for the long wait I'm working on a few other books so they kinda consumed a lot of my time, sorry again!

I had to add Orianna, she has to have one of my favorite backstories due to how tragic it is.