Sheriff's orders

For the love of all things holy, please stop commenting how there's inaccuracies and shit like "vi's shorter", I started writing this 4 to 5 years ago, arcane wasn't even announced at the time. It's driving me insane seeing them, and I've deleted quite a few of them... I'm very close to unpublishing this story to just stop seeing this stuff.

~a year later~
~Vi's PoV~

I huffed lightly as I sat down at the small, shabby, and basically falling apart desk and started to fill out paperwork given to me. "Fun," I muttered sarcastically to myself. "Pros of being the enforcer? Kicking the shit out of criminals. Cons? Needing to fill out a fuck ton of papers." I muttered a bit more as I kept writing uncomfortably, the damn table was short and my knees kept grinding up against the bottom of it, I guess it's because I'm still technically called a 'criminal' or 'rogue enforcer' but I'm not rogue, there was a small knock on the door. "It's open," I said simply as the door opened to reveal Caitlyn.

 "It's open," I said simply as the door opened to reveal Caitlyn

She had her usual serious look on her face. "Are you doing the papers I told you to do?" She asked looking at me, I could tell on the inside she was laughing.

"No, I'm just signing autographs for my fans." I said sarcastically still writing only looking up occasionally.

She rolled her eyes and lightly scoffed. "Well I was going to ask if you wanted to go out to patrol with me but I don't know now."

I clenched the hand that had the pen in it so tightly that the pen snapped making the ink run down my hand and all over the desk. "The papers are almost finished." I said looking up.

She raised an eyebrow looking at the ink running down my hand and dripping on the table. "Professional and your finally doing paperwork?" I simply stayed silent. "I'll be waiting for you." She said leaving without another word.

I let out a long drawn-out sigh escape from my lips as I finished the paperwork and stood up from the desk to grab my gauntlets. 'She's clearly annoyed, meaning this patrol isn't going to be fun at all.' I thought as let another sigh out and slip my gauntlets on before opening up my small and cramped office door. I heard a sharp whistle instantly catching my attention it was Caitlyn. "Are you ready, enforcer?" She asked with a stern tone of voice.

"Pfft, did you really ask me that? I was born ready, sheriff." I said craning my neck to the right enough to pop then straightened out my posture.

I saw Caitlyn's blue orbs roll before she grabbed her rifle, the very own she shot me in the kneecap with, I flinched at the thought, my knee hadn't healed correctly and that's why I'm forced to wear this brace whenever I'm wearing my gear and running. I flinched once more going deeper into thought but I soon was snapped out of it when Caitlyn snapped her fingers. I shook my head quickly before looking down at Cait. "Vi are you alright?" Caitlyn asked the slightest amount of concern in her voice.

"hmm, hell yeah I'm alright," I said shaking off the slight terror that was that gun.

She spoke up after a few moments of looking at me straight in the eyes. "Hm, alright." She turned after slinging the gun over her shoulder, then started walking out.

I soon followed after her with a small sigh. After about thirty minutes of walking my eyes slowly started to tracer around her body. 'Man, every guy probably falls head over heels for her.' I thought until I walked into a pole. 'Great job you dope.' I thought to myself as I rubbed my face and heard a burst of specific laughter that's rarely ever heard. "Sheriff your laughing? What holiday is it?" I said with a smirk and raised an eyebrow listening to the beautiful laugh.

"Well, we all find things funny, right? And that was funny enough to make a tear escape" She said rubbing a tear out of her eye.

"I guess," I said scratching the back of my head and pushing back some of my bright pink hair.

"Anyways let's continue." She spoke up after a moment of keeping silent, I simply nodded and started following behind her once again. 'This is boring, I gotta spice this up.' I smirked quickly grabbing the sheriff's top hat and darting down the sidewalk.

"Why you little!" I heard Caitlyn yell as I saw her push past people running after me.

"Not little Cait, I tower over you," I yelled as I kept running, all those years on the street made it easy, I quickly turned into an alleyway and started climbing up the fire escape.

"Vi!" I heard Caitlyn yell as she turns into the alleyway. "Get down here right now!" She yelled.

"Cmon sheriff! You said we all find things funny and I find this hilarious." I said with a small chuckle as I stopped climbing for a moment.

"Oh, I'll show you funny." She said as she slowly started climbing up after me.

"Oh shit," I murmured as I started quickly climbing up soon making it up to the roof with a smirk forming on my face.

"Damnit!" Caitlyn yelled as I stood on the roof proudly waiting for the sheriff to reclaim her hat. "I'm so done with you." She said tackling me to the ground with a surprising amount of strength.

I chuckled lightly. "Now that was fun," I spoke still holding the hat in a way Caitlyn couldn't grab it.

"Give me my damn hat!" She yelled and I smirked a bit more.

"What's the magic word," I said teasingly.

"Fuck you! That's the magic word." She said putting her hand in my face and finally grabbed the hat.

"Watch your potty mouth, Caitlyn," I said jokingly as I sat up a little bit.

"You're a prick," Caitlyn mumbled as she cleaned off her hat.

"You know it, I'm a lovable prick though," I said winking playfully. I earned a blush from Caitlyn when I did that. "Is the sheriff blushing?" I said teasing her a bit.

"No, bloody-" she cut herself off when I quickly stood up and picked her up. "Vi put me down right now!" She yelled.

"Nah seeing you play my game earned you the reward of me carrying you back to the station," I said with a smirk, she barely weighed anything compared to my gauntlets.

She loudly scoffed as I threw her over my shoulder and carried her back to the station.

I chuckled as I finally let her down. "C'mon you have to admit it was a little fun." I made a silly face as I said that.

She let out a small huff. "Okay, maybe a little." She said making a small gesture with her fingers.

"That's what I like to hear!" I said proudly and happily nudging the sheriff.

She let out a long drawn-out sigh and craned her neck a little bit so it popped. "Well, it seems that we couldn't find any criminals. Could you go out later for a late-night patrol?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily 'And there we go again.'