Chapter 3

Chapter Three

My mouth dropped open. Before I could protest though she stuck up a hand, cutting me off. "You'd be paid of course," she said. "How does ten thousand dollars a month sound? That's roughly two grand a week. Everything would be staged, nothing would be for you to figure out on your own, you just have to be there, be the pretty girl and play your part. When I saw you in the grocery store, I knew your face would blend perfectly with Nick's, your long blonde hair woud look beautiful next to his dark features."

My mouth formed a perfect "o" shape. Two grand. Fake girlfriend. Nick Jonas.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled, getting up from my chair. "I just don't think that I could do that."

The offer sounded like something any girl with brains would take. Honestly, a small piece of me wanted to accept and sceam WHERE DO I SIGN? But I was raised with Pride and Prejudice and a hope of life full of romance when I found the right guy, this was hardly my dream date.

Her eyes narrowed at me, like she knew exactly what I was thinking. Reaching underneath her desk, she pulled out a red folder with my name printed across the front.

"I knew you would decline at first," she said, opening the folder and sorting through papers. "That's why I thought I could tell you this. You're a fashion journalist... are you not?"

"An aspiring one..." I mumbled.

She sighed resting her chin in her hand. "The fact that if you dated Nick Jonas you would recieve publicity. People will look into your records and find that you are a fashion journalist. Magazines will want to HIRE you. You could make it to the top... Just by signing here." She eased over a contract.

She made a point. My dreams could come true, only by dating Nick for what? A year or so?

"Before you sign, Rayne, " she continued. "I want you to know what you're getting yourself into. The contract is valid for six months so we can see how the world reacts to the couple. During these six months you will be at our whim so we can fly you to his shows, interviews, ecctera."

I nodded and before I knew what I was doing I had picked up the pen and in curvy cursive wrote my name: Rayne Stephanie.