Alarmed

***Melanie's P.O.V***

"What sick men threaten a six month pregnant woman?!" Harry hissed, kicking the door with his foot, the entire house shook as he did so. Harry grabbed the rose, crumpling it in his large hands, petals drifting to the floor, floating at first.

"Harry, everything will be fine." I whispered. "Ashton is in prison, he can't escape that."

"I know, I know." he grumbled. "I'm just paranoid! What if they try to hurt you?" he whispered, wincing and shutting his eyes, as if blocking out any thoughts of them laying their cruel lands on me.

"Foolish are the men who play with love and fate." Liam cut in. I smiled at his comment, it reminding me off Shakespeare. "If they try to hurt Mel, or Darcy, they have to go through all of us." he reasoned, everybody nodding in agreement.

"Six against four. Three really since Ashton in in prison." Zayn added. "They stand no chance."

"If they all went for Mel they could." Harry growled. "She is far too innocent to put up a fight."

"Excuse me? You had to use chains to contain me! You know perfectly well that I'm capable of defending myself." I defended, everybody smirking at Harry, who shook his head rather amused at my cheeky attitude. "Not to mention buying drugs to paralyse me." I smirked

"Firstly, it was your attitude and mouth, not your strength." Harry teased. "Secondly, I didn't end up needing the drugs. Obviously my charm is too much for your will power." he teased, winking at me.

"Don't flatter yourself!" I giggled. "Besides, I am armed with hormones thanks to Darcy now. Only fools mess with pregnant hormonal woman."

"Okay, okay." Harry fake surrendered. "You win." he chuckled.

"Damn straight!" I cheered, fist bumping with Louis.

"I think we should get some security alarms up though," Niall cut in. "Just to make sure."

"Good idea." Harry agreed. "Those fuckers are not hurting my baby's." he smiled, kissing my cheek.

~~~~~~~~

"Aaaaaaaannnddd...." Harry spoke. "Done!" he cheered as he put the last screw in place, stepping back, admiring the new security alarm he put up by the front door. "This should keep out those dick heads."

"Good job." I smiled. "But it's 10:00 and I'm exhausted, so if you excuse me, I'm going to bed."

"Not without me your not." Harry smirked, scooping me up bridal style, carrying me up the stairs with ease.

"How are you not breaking your back, carrying a fat pregnant woman?" I gasped, gawking at his strength. Harry simply winked at me, causing me to laugh.

"I'll always be able to carry my girls." he beamed, pecking me on the cheek. Harry carried me into our room, closing the door with his foot, and gently placing me on the bed.

"Why thank you." I giggled.

"You're most welcome." Harry replied, removing his shirt and jeans, crawling into bed with me. Harry put his arm around me, kissing my shoulder, as my back was pressed to his chest. Harry's hands rubbed over my stomach, whispering sweet words to Darcy, a huge smile crawling onto my lips as Harry pecked me with his lips up my neck.

Suddenly the phone rang downstairs, and I let out a heavy groan. "I'll get it." I sighed, but Harry kept his arm around me.

"No, let it go to the answer machine." he whispered. I caved in, lying in Harry's hold. Harry started to sing a song I recognized as 'kiss me' by Ed Sheeran. My eye lids grew heavy as the sweet sound filled my ear, is singing me to sleep like a lullaby, Harry's head nuzzled into the crook of my neck. Just as my sleep almost took over me, the phone rang again.

"Damn." I grumbled.

"No, leave it." Harry pressed, going back to singing the song, knowing it was putting me to sleep, with his amazing voice. I obeyed him, and eventually the ringing stopped, and the only sound heard was Harry singing.

Suddenly the loud piercing sound of the security alarm sounded downstairs. My eyes shot up, and Harry tensed up beside me.

"Baby, stay here okay Don't move!" Harry ordered, jumping out of bed and throwing on his shirt. "I mean it Melanie, I'm going to lock the door, and only open it if I tell you to, understand?" Harry urged me. I nodded my head, before Harry locked the door, and disappeared

I sat up in bed, biting my lip, and rubbing my stomach, nerves churning inside me, making me feel nauseous. I listened for anything, but all that could be heard was the loud screeching of the alarm. Suddenly the alarm stopped, and the heavy beating of my heart could be heard miles away. I heard shuffling of somebody walking up the steps, and I prayed and prayed that it was Harry.

"Baby, it's me." Harry called.

I let out a sigh of relief, jumping out of bed and opening the door to reveal Harry, but he still looked a little concerned.

"What was it?" I asked.

"The front door was wide open.We forgot to lock it before coming upstairs."Harry gasped. "But nobody is in the house, I checked. Whoever is it, set off the alarm, and bolted when it sounded." he tried comforting me, kissing me repeatedly.

"Okay." I mumbled heading back over to my bed. Harry hopped back under the covers with me, wrapping his arms around me again like before.

"FUCK!" Harry cursed when the alarm went off again.

"H-how?" I stuttered, confused that somebody would try again.

"The door was locked, the only way it could have gone off again is if they are..." he trailed off, his eyes widening.

"If they are what?" my voice trembled.

"If they are in the house."

 My new story is up guys!! Please check it out!? http://www.wattpad.com/30969199-my-admirer-harry-styles-fanfiction xxxxx