16

As hours dragged by, gym class finally came to an end. All of my limbs felt nothing but jellies, and the idea of snuggling myself underneath my duvet and going to dreamland never left me alone.

Sure, there was a short break in between, but obviously that was not enough to fully replenish my lost stamina. Well, at least there was still a benefit for all of this. Not only did I get more time together with Edward, but I watched with a grin as he and his friends dribbled and breezed through the basketball activities like a child's play.

And as for Aly... once I rushed to the locker room and opened my phone, a series of text notifications from her whipped out all of my uneasiness.

Aly: SKNLMKDKSJD RIP IM LATEEEEE

Aly: MY GODDAMN ALARM CLOCK DIDNT RING THIS MORNING T_T

Aly: ILL SEE U LUNCH TIME

A profound sigh rocked through me before I found myself chuckling. Nothing was better than the relief slamming upon me as soon I saw that red dot on my message app.

Entering my last class before lunch—the fact I actually survived through the other classes was a talent itself—I picked my seat and tossed the thick physics book onto the table. The booming thud sent my neighboring classmates to turn towards my direction, but made no comment. I slumped down on the chair and planted my face within my bed of arms, before I roared out a yawn.

Even with such a fatigued brain, simply a pinch of curiosity had me picking up most of the lingering conversations. Titles of video games and movies, sport competitions or trends were passed all over, throwing in insights to their daily lives. Perhaps it might get me some great topics to talk with Edward, but what did he like nowadays?

Transformers? He didn't seem to show enough interest in them anymore. Star Wars? Bingo, if not for the fact that it had been ages since I touched the last movie. Music? Well, he used to gush a lot about rock songs, but considering him now, it might be something else, but... there was no harm asking.

A heavy thump and squeaks of a chair sounded from right beside me, breaking me out of my contemplation. Pulling my head up, there was definitely a figure standing adjacent to me, but with all of the cloudiness taking over my vision, I rubbed my eyes.

Saluted with Seb's silky silver hair as a small grin flashed across his face, I requited his greetings and straightened myself up.

"How are you doing?" He slightly leaned towards me. He had his arm on the table, while the other one dangled off the chair.

"S-So tired... I wanna go home and just be done for the d-day," I muttered as I stretched both of my arms. Way to go Rena. Come on, keep stuttering like the airhead you are.

"I feel you," he grunted. "Like holy shit, I really can't focus right now. I've been wanting to take a nap." He fiddled with his tie, as if he was trying to position it correctly. "Mr. Thomas was so harsh with his physical tests, he didn't give us enough time to play... but to be fair, when's that dude ever chill?"

"Fat chance... p-probably never will," I said. 'Chill' never existed in our PE teacher's dictionary, heck he would have thrown it far away. Not only did he force Edward with push-ups, he further made him jog twice as many laps as the others.

Mrs. Summers, our physics teacher, swayed in, carrying thick sets of worksheets as her tote bag dangled off her shoulder. Everyone promptly went silent as she slammed the huge pile of papers on her desk.

"Oof, now that's something..." she huffed. "Well, let's start our class, shall we? Don't want me to take your lunch time." Sneaking a rather sly smile, she nudged her thin glasses.