18 (I Have Nothing To Say Again)

"Tyler! Oh my god!" Tyler had barely looked up from his phone before he was caught in a tangle of arms and legs. It took him a few seconds to process the fact that Josh had actually jumped onto Tyler's back.

"Well hello there Josh, it's so great to see you, but can you get off my back?" Tyler replied with a chuckle. Josh sighed slightly, before obeying. Once Josh was back on the ground, Tyler reconnected their bodies, engulfing Josh in an extremely tight hug. He lifted Josh slightly off the ground because he was squeezing so hard. "I'm so glad to see you, I'm so glad you're here, I'm so glad you got away from your parents. You never have to see them again."

Josh had been trying to bite back his tears since he saw Tyler, but after he heard those words, he lost it. He never had to see his parents again. The feeling was so overwhelming. A mix of emotions was flooding through his body. A sense of relief occurred when he thought about being able to finally be who he was, followed by a hint of guilt, for leaving his parents without warning.

Was it a mistake? Should he have stayed? Maybe one day his parents would accept him? These thoughts didn't last long as he felt Tyler's hand travel to his right shoulder blade. Josh winced in pain as he remembered what happened with his parents before he left for the airport.

There was something that he hadn't told Tyler. His parents were not good people. Tyler knew that, but he didn't know how bad they were. Josh didn't dwell on the memory for long, when he was caught off guard by Tyler kissing him.

The kiss didn't last long, it was only about a second, but it flooded Josh with even more emotions. Tyler, the boy that he met on accident, the boy who was supposedly straight a month ago, the boy who he couldn't help but love, just kissed him.

"C'mon, let's go home." Tyler whispered, acting as though he didn't just kiss Josh. That kiss wasn't that full of passion or love or anything, but that was his first kiss with a guy. It felt so different than when he had kissed girls in the past. It felt right.

The word home echoed in Josh's mind. He had lived in the same house his whole life, but it had never felt like home. Maybe his home was with Tyler all along.

---

Okay so obviously this wasn't a texting chapter, I hope that's okay. I'm a little out of practice with writing full chapters, so hopefully this was at least better than a piece of shit.

Meh probably not.

Oh 🐳.