Ch.2

I fell, I meant to say I fell.

Brian was starring at Kegan as he tried to restate what he said.

They were still sitting underneath the tree. Libby had come back with Brian, his dad, and now Kegan was fumbling around with words trying to cover it up. But his mind only had the image of her in it.

"Didn't you see her?"

"Nobody was there Kegan," Brian said.

Libby looked around at the vast open prairie to their right and the woods leading off to their left. If a girl had been here, there would of been only one place she could go.

"She would have dashed into the woods in time to hide before we saw her," Libby said. Of course, with Libby having an imagination, she was able to think of the impossible happening. hat thing just so happens to be the vanishing girl Kegan saw.

"Come on, let's get you up and to the house," Brian muttered. His eye's were full of concern as he reached a hand down to help Kegan up. "Your mom is going to be pissed that you ripped your pants."

"I think that will be the least of her concerns," Kegan told him truthfully. He understood that she was either going to be concerned he fell, petrified because Libby had fallen, or pissed because they were climbing the tree in general.

Brian glanced up at the branch Kegan had been hanging from. The piece of jeans were still attached. "Well, if she is not mad about it now, she will be when we have to go get you a new pair of jeans. But you are right, we are most concerened on if you and Libby are all right."

Kegan looked up at his father through his hair. Finally he glanced at Libby and checked to make sure she was alright.

After a second of him probbing her arms, she slapped his hand away.

"I'm fine Kegan," she said. "But how did you survive falling? Did you do the same thing to yourself when youfell."

Instantly i told her to shush. Something was obviously going on with him, and he didn't want his parents to start freaking out about him even more then they already were.

Brian looked between Kegan and Libby with question in his eyes. Eventually his eyes glanced back up to the branch.

"Come on," lets get you two to the house. Kegan knew he would question how he had survived the drop from the branch later.

On the way back to the house, i stopped Libby for a second and whispered into her ear.

"Listen, what happened, this is between us okay," he told her. "Please, this needs to be kept a secret," he said putting his finger to his lips.

"Okay," she said. Then she started pointing to her lips.

Kegan smiled and reached down to lock her lips. Once he tossed the key away, they both started giggling.

"What do you mean you fell?"

Josie, his mom, was giving him a rant about climbing that tree, and how she always knew someone would get hurt.

She seemed dissapointed in the fact that i couldn't take better care of myself. Oh, mom.

"Kegan didn't fall, I did," Libby stated. Kegan saw Josie's eyes grow huge. He would of yelled but knew she hadn't meant to say it.

"Wait, Libby fell? Are you okay? Kegan you were suppose to take care of her."

Her hands came to her hips. Josie always did that when she was super angry or mad at something he did wrong. Mom is where Libby gets her sassyness from. Libby always puts her hands on her hips when she wants something.