Chapter Nine

*unedited as usual

I demanded anwsers for hours after that but, like usual, Ben didn't tell me anything. He stayed all secretive and it's really starting to piss me off. And punching him in the face was becoming more and more tempting.

We walked for two more days. On the third Ben finally spoke and said we were close, maybe an hour away.

The skitter that was following us had disappeared yesterday. I didn't ask why.

In front of me Ben stopped short, and once again I almost ran into him. He reached over and pulled the knife out from inside the band of my jeans.

"Just a precaution." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay."

He winked before turning around and making a Sharp turn onto a path hidden by some brush. I followed, still thinking of Damian.

The path led to a street and he picked up the pace, walking along the faded yellow lines. At the end of this road you could see a bunch of flipped cars and a gate. There was also people, two of them, holding guns. By instinct I instantly moved behind Ben. He let out a small laugh before lifting his hands in the air and walking towards the gate.

Now I really started to panic, what the hell was he doing? It's a trap, I knew it was a trap.

"Mason!" On of the men yelled. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Let's us in Pope." Ben called back.

"No can do buddy. Who's she?" He pointed his gun in my direction.

"She's a friend, no spikes. You can trust her."

"What makes you think I wanna trust you?" The man countered.

"Pope-"

"Let them in."

A man stepped out from the cars. He was tall and had a gun hanging off his shoulder, sort of like how Ben had his. The man smiled before holding his arms out. I stepped further behind Ben, he looked friendly.

Ben stepped forward and I stood silently as I watched them embrace.

"I missed you son." The man said. His voice was weirdly calming.

"You too, dad." Oh.

When they let go, they both turned to look at me and I really wish they'd stop.

"Um, Dad this is Charlie and Charlie this is my dad, Tom Mason." Ben spoke.

(I'm going to go back and fix things in my first few chapters and I'll be updating often now. Or at least I'll try.)