Chapter 1

Aria's POV

         I woke up to the sun. I forgot to close my curtains and the sun was starting to rise. It was a pretty sunrise with lots of pink and orange. The silhouette of the trees from the forest behind my house made the sunrise look picture perfect. I stretched my arms and got out of bed. Another day to live.

            I looked around my room and smiled. I loved my room. It was a light aqua with quotes all over it. The quotes were white and in cursive. I painted my whole room myself. The biggest quote, above my bed, was, 'Everyday may not be good, but there is good in everyday'. That was the quote that I lived on.

            I swung my feet onto the floor to feel the cold and grabbed my camera off of my bedside table. I opened the french doors that led out to my mini balcony and snapped a picture. Perfect. I took a couple more and then went back inside.

            I went into my bathroom and hopped in the shower and brushed my teeth. When I finished in the bathroom I went back into my room and put my clothes on. I decided to wear a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and my favorite tank top. My tank top was grey with a yin-yang symbol that was made out of black feathers. I went over to my vanity and put on the little makeup that I used. I put some power on and then added some black mascara to my naturally curled lashes. With that I was done and looked in my full length mirror on the back of my door.

            I looked back at my reflection. I was seventeen years old and 5'2. In other words short. I had long naturally wavy black hair that went to my lower back. My eyes were a green color, on the verge of hazel, and were big. Some people said that I have doe eyes. I decided I looked decent and went downstairs to grab some breakfast. I had half an hour until class started.

            "Good morning." I chirped to my brother, Aaron, who was eating some cereal. He just grunted back at me. "Where's mom and dad?" I asked. He pointed to the note on the table, not saying anything. Of course he wouldn't.

            I grabbed the paper off the counter and read it quickly. I shouldn't have been surprised about what it said. My parents were the Betas of the pack so they were always traveling to other packs. They came home every couple weeks and then would leave again after they were home for a couple days. I know that they loved my brother and I a lot and felt guilty about having to leave us all the time, but they had pack duties which I understood.

            "Well, see you later." I said to Aaron after I finished my banana. I grabbed my shoulder bag, phone, and keys as I started to walk to the front door.