Chapter 2

I edited Chapter 1 and added more to it and changed it so if you read that one already you might want t go back and read the new part of it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria's POV

            I was going to kill Jai. After I dropped my stuff off in my calc class I let him drag me to his locker so he could copy my homework. And now I was late because of that. I hate being late because everyone looks at you when you walk into a classroom late. I didn't want any more attention on me.

            I opened the door to the classroom in hopes of just slipping in quietly. When I opened the door that scent hit me like a tidal wave. He was in here. But that didn't make sense. I had never smelt that scent in this class for the past month. Unless-

            My thoughts were interrupted by my teacher, Mr. Matthews talking to me.

            "Nice of you to join us, Ms. Montgomery." Mr. Matthews said.

            "Sorry sir, I was in the bathroom." I stuttered quietly. I hated having everyone's eyes on me. I didn't make eye contact with anyone. I quickly sat in my seat, which was the front middle of the class.

            I could feel him staring holes into my back. Of all wolves it was him. My mate was Damien Sanders. It made sense. I had never smelled this scent before, but now that Damien turned eighteen he could find his mate, me. I could feel that he was my mate. My wolf was howling with joy, begging me to go over to him.

            I never thought I would be his mate. He was a player and asshole. But I was willing to look past everything that had happened. He was my mate anyways. We were destined for each other. I wanted to make it work. Rejection was out of the question. I wouldn't reject him without getting to know him. I had only heard rumors. I wanted to know the real Damien.

            I zoned out for the rest of the math class when the bell rang. I was gathering my stuff into my backpack when I felt him walk past me quickly. He was the first person out of the room. I guess that I would have to talk to him later. Maybe he didn't want to talk now, or couldn't.

            The day dragged by slowly. I was ready to just go home and crawl into bed by fourth period, which was lunch. I walked into the lunch room and went up to the lunch line. My mind was somewhere else. I had seen Damien a couple times in the hallway since first period, but every time we made eye contact, which made my wolf howl with happiness, he just looked away from me quickly. Did I have something on my face? No, I went to the bathroom twice and there was nothing on my face. Why was he avoiding me? I was waiting for him to claim me as his. Accept our mate bond. Why hadn't he yet?

            I bought a turkey and cheese sandwich and went over to my usual lunch table with Jai. He was already there scribbling down some homework. He never got his homework done in time.

            "Hey!" He smiled looking up at me as I sat down.