Chapter Ten: It's You Again

Vicky Parish

I carried my suitcases to my dorm. My parents were following me with multiple things.

I wasn't that far from home. Girls were everywhere as I carried my heavy stuff. Once I found my dorm I unlocked it and walked in.

A girl sat on the twin mattress she had. Her hair was in Bantu knots and she wore red lipstick. I couldn't see her face though.

"Hi." I said giving her a small smile.

She looked up at me and I sucked my teeth. "Tanisha what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to get my degree and be out. It's nice to see you too." She said sarcastically.

"Vicky what's going on?" My mom asked me as I started putting stuff up.

"I've known Tanisha since like middle school. Now you don't have to be worried about me being with a total stranger."

****
"You obviously won't go to a party with me." Tanisha said putting concealer on her face.

I rolled my eyes as I laid on the stiff mattress. She looked at me though her mirror and smirked.

"So how's Darrin?" She asked and I sucked my teeth.

"Bitch he good. He ain't texting yo hoe ass." I said opening my book.

"Bitch please. He wish he still had me."

"Oh really?" I asked her sarcastically.

We all know damn well she ain't wit him. He damn sure isn't fucking with her either. Matter of fact why did I just get angry when she brought him up.

"Come on and go to this party with me. Pleaaaaaasssssseeeee!" She whined.

"Yo chill wit all that. So fucking annoying. Lemme just go cuz yo bitch ass keep whining." I said going to the closet.

She clapped in excitement. I grabbed my black mid thigh dress and some black heels. I put on a little makeup.

"You look so cute. We could be twins based on how we look."

I made a stank face. "Bitch where. You ain't my twin. We look nothing alike."

****
"Wassup Reggie." I said holding my red solo cup.

"What you doin here?" He asked me high as shit.

"We go to college in the same state. We would end up crossing paths one day." I said sipping the strong vodka.

"Ohhh. You right. Imma see you later. I'm bout to go fuck a bad bitch."

I watched as Tanisha did body shots. I rolled my eyes. My phone began to vibrate in my small clutch.

"Why you FaceTime me. You need to make an appointment for FaceTime." I told Darrin as I sat on the front porch.

"Cuz I miss you."

"Mhm. You know Tanisha is my roommate. I never knew she was smart." I told him and he laughed.

"How's Florida?" I asked him.

"It's hot all the time. I mean the girls look nice too but not as fine as you." He smiled at me.

"I'm about to hang up if you don't stop being like that." I teased.

"You should just stop fucking around and be my girlfriend." Darrin was now serious.

"But-" he cut me off.

"I know you feeling me. You just scared of the commitment. Look I gotta call you some other time."

"Promise me you won't forget me." I told him afraid we wouldn't talk again in another year.

"I promise." With that he hung up.

Authors Note:
Don't mind how some of the text is in the middle and some isn't. I would have updated earlier but I had to take my box braids out.

Vote. Comment.