Chapter Thirteen: I Don't Care

Vicky Parrish

"Kids?" I asked myself and then looked back at Darrin.

He had this disappointed look on his face. I pushed my way passed him and sat on the living room couch. I could still here their conversation though.

"I thought I told you to abort them babies once you got pregnant." Darrin said to her.

"You know how religious I am. I don't believe in abortion and you know that." That bitch Diamond said.

"Why did you bring them here?"

"I need you to take care of them. I'm dying, I found out I have cancer a while ago. It's best if you have the twins." She said and I rolled my eyes.

I heard Darrin suck his teeth.

"This is your daughter Ashanti Janelle Thomas and this is your son Aaron Cordell Thomas."

I heard the door shut and a stroller rolling in. He had all their paper work as well. This nigga really had fucking kids man.

"I know you mad at me Vicky. The anger is literally steaming off of you." He said calmly.

"I think imma go home." I said going back upstairs.

****
I had my original clothes on and I was walking down the steps when I heard Darrin struggling. The cries could be heard from the kitchen.

I sighed and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed Ashanti and rocked her back and forth.

"What are you trying to do?" I asked him still irritated.

"I was trying to feed her but she won't drink the damn formula."

"Did you warm it up?" I asked him and he looked at me like I was dumb.

I sucked my teeth and grabbed a small pot. I made a new bottle of formula and put the bottle in Ashanti's mouth. She finally started to eat.

"How did you do that?" He asked me.

"Look I thought it over, I'm not gonna leave you again cuz you fucked up. Imma stick wit it and see what happens."

I finally confessed some of my feelings to Darrin. I mean we already established a relationship after we kissed.

I wasn't gonna be petty and leave him out of anger. But now his kids were his priority.

"Thank you." He said as I put the babies on the couch once they fell asleep.

I put pillows around them and on the floor just incase they rolled off the couch.

"No problem. You suck at parenting so far. Tomorrow we gotta go get them cribs and all that extra shit." I said sitting down next to him.

"I don't care about all that. How is this gonna affect me playing pro ball?" He asked me discouraged.

"Oh you still bouta play basketball. That's how you gonna provide for your kids. As long as you stay focused then those kids won't affect basketball." I told him.

****
I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in Darrin's bed.

I sat up on the bed and removed the covers from my bare legs. I tiptoed down the steps and walked into the kitchen.

"Shh don't cry, we would want to wake up your future mom. Atta girl." Darrin said to Ashanti as she settled down in his hands.

I smiled at the scene. Darrin was finally showing love to his kids. Well Aaron wasn't really rowdy like Ashanti was.

"Good morning!" I chirped before setting my plate up with food.

"How much of that did you here?" He questioned and I gave him my best clueless face.

"Heard what?"

"Never mind. I washed your clothes from last night. You can put those on while we go shopping." He said.

****
"How much shit do we have to get?" Darrin whined as we walked the isles in BabiesRUs.

"Really Darrin ?" I asked him giving him a look.

I pushed the cart while he pushed the twins in the stroller. I finished grabbing everything I thought they needed.

"Your total will be 500.000$." The cashier said and Darrin pulled out five hundred dollar bills.

By the time we put everything in his car the paparazzi was all over us. Camera lights flashed in my face as Darrin's security guards pushed the people away.

"Darrin, where did these kids come from?" A guy asked recording.

"Is this your girlfriend? We haven't heard anything about her!" Another reporter shouted.

I was pulled into the truck by Darrin. The tinted windows blocked out the cameras and the people. The shouting was muffled.

"You realize we about to be all over the news right?"

"Yeah i know. I don't care though." Darrin said and I laughed.

Authors Note:
Don't be a silent reader! Vote and comment.