Chapter Eleven: Oh Wow

Darrin Thomas
Four Years Later

Five seconds on the clock. I ran down the long court. Sweat dripped from my body as my shoes squeaked against the polished floor.

I shot the ball from the three point line. The ball made that swish sound and I knew we won.

My teammates and the reports swarmed around me as I had a big smile on my face.

"You did good man." Raymond said coming into the locker room.

"How yo ass get back here?" I asked him knowing it was heavy security.

"Nigga I'm like yo best friend. You really think they ain't gone let me in." He said smirking.

"Darrin, I need to see you for a minute." Coach said and I went into his little office.

"You need to get a psych evaluation in order to play. It seems as if you got your physical but not the evaluation. Why is that?" Coach asked me and I shrugged.

"I ain't think it was necessary. But it looks like I  have to go."

Coach nodded and sent me to some office building. I put my shades on and walked up to the reception desk.

"Oh shit your Darrin Thomas! Can I get a autograph?" Some white girls said batting her eyelashes at me.

"Yeah sure." I rapidly signed the paper and she walked away.

"I'm here for a appointment." I said.

"Right this way. Ms. Parrish is ready for you." I did a double take.

Lord please tell me this isn't the person I'm thinking about right now. She was about to open the door when I stopped here.

"I just realized I'm at the wrong place." I said turning around walking out the building.

*Flashback*
I was finally finished with the game. I was tired as I looked for Vicky in the crowd.

There she stood dress in my extra jersey I gave her. A bright smile sat on her face as she made her way towards me.

"Yo man we having a victory party at the frat house. You coming?" Joshua one of the players on my team asked me.

I looked at Vicky then back to Joshua. I told Vicky I was gonna hang out with her after the game but they really want me at this party.

"Hold on a minute." I told him before jogging to Vicky.

"You did great." She said kissing my cheek.

"Thanks. Look they having this party and they really want me there. We can go together." I said hopping she would say yes.

"We were supposed to hang out together. You promised me it would just be us." She said with a attitude.

"Cmon Victoria. Stop bitching and just come with me." I said feeling frustrated with her.

"You know what just go."
*Flashback Over*

And that was the last day I ever spoke to Victoria Estelle Parrish. The memories flashed back multiple times over the years.

I walked in the parking lot feeing the gravel under my feet. I took out the keys to my car but no before hearing my name.

"Fuck." I said under my breathe.

"Darrin I know you hear me!" Vicky yelled and I came to a halt.

I turned around and faced her. I flinched at how different she looked. Her hair was cut short and I knew she was natural instead of her long permed hair. But she lost weight from the last time I saw her.

Instead of saying anything to me she engulfed me in a hug. I stood frozen as the scent of vanilla filled my nose. She still smelled the same after all these years though.

"When are we going to stop doing this?" She asked finally letting me go.

"Whatchu mean?"

"Nigga don't play dumb." She said rolling her eyes.

Authors Note:
I had no idea what to do for this chapter. I need help so if you have any ideas please let me know!

Thanks.