P R O M : T I M E

21/6/2016, 3:00pm,Prom day.

Ding Dong. The bell rang, as I clasped my handbag tightly, embracing myself for what ever was to happen. I was standing at the front of the porch, my High top- converse shoes constantly tapping against the mahogany floor. I was growing impatient by the second. What's taking her so long?

"MIKEEYYY!" A sharp scream came from the other side of the door. Footsteps rushed in as the door suddenly slammed open. I took two steps back from the sudden force in fear. A large gust of air hit my face, making me look down in the process.

What the hell-

My glare was brought up to meet a girl, same height as mine as we both stared at each other. The expression faded as an idiotic grin made way, both of us embracing each other with all of the energy we had.

We both pulled apart from the hug at the same time, and did our infamous hand-clap-jazz hands-shake yo' booty dance.

Sigh. Only Judie comes up with such insane ideas.

"Time to glow up!" The girl- I mean- My bestfriend, Judie screamed with joy as she escalated through the stairs of her humongous house and guided me to her room.

I entered the house, slamming the door shut as I joined my best friend in her room.

"Is Aunt Elizabeth home?" I asked. I always loved having Judie's mum come over, she was so sweet and polite, In times my mother wasn't.

"Nope dah-ling- she's currently at London" Her fake british accent came through, as I softly nodded my head and entered her room.

Makeup of all sorts were splattered across the mess of a bed. Mascara- eyeshadow- lipstick, you name it , She'll have it!. I knew that she was a makeup junkie, but I didn't know it was this bad!?

My eyes wandered throughout the whole room, up and until i'd caught the eyes of a sinister - looking Judie, who sat grinning on the bed as she waved a crystal studded- curling wand in her hand.

"No way are you going to let that thing get near my hair, uh-uh" I warned the psycho woman as I went back and took hold of the door knob, ready to make a run for it. I had watched too many people burn their hair off from that little- thing, and I sure didn't want to be added to that list.

My grip around the knob tightened, as i looked back to see Judie. Surprisingly, the crazy woman didn't do much,  except for pouting like a lost kitten like I'd caught her from some act.

The last time I fell for that, I got orange juice dumped over my hair. Don't ask me why.

"And you expect to impress Mr.X..how?" She smirked, her eyes twinkling with mischief as she motioned me to sit on a chair.

Dang it. It's no reason why she wins debate club, I exasperated.

I hung my head below my shoulders, defeated as I sat in the chair for 3 hours of agony and torture.

"Tell me why we're doing this again?"

"Duh, For your mystery man of course" She winked, as she continued styling my hair. What a nightmare.

21/6/2016, 6:00pm, Prom night in 2 hours.

Fingers laced around my eyes as I was brought forward to a distance. The silky-loose fabric clung on to my body like a glove and Images of me wearing it roamed round my mind like a drug.

"Judie, what if I look like an oompa-loompa?" I questioned, getting nervous by the second. The thought of having to wear a tight dress did not sink well. Maybe I'd look too fat. Jessica said that as well-Maybe Mr.X would feel disgusted if he were with such a fat ass like me.