E P I L O G U E

Epilogue

"Everyone give a big round of applause to the Prom king and Queen of Riverdale high!" Reed Manning clapped, descending the stage with the whole crew that followed him from behind.

Soft, slow music blew into the dim lit hall, with girls giggling under the Whispers of their dates humor, their eyes glittering like the jewelry that adorned their necks and ears. The spot light turned ever- so slowly at Jessica and Cade dancing, with me staring at the pair in desperation. Mr. X was no were to be seen.

Judie was busy dancing away in the crowd, with a boy by her hips as she swooned away under her date's gaze.

Poor Mikaela is all alone again.

"Anyone, can anyone tell me what the time is!?" A large voice boomed from the stage, yet again. And this time it was the same muscular person I'd been keeping my eyes on.

His eyes scanned the crowd, moving like an arrow, ever so swiftly until his green orbs caught mine. He caught my breathe, my entire frame rigged as his gaze swooped my entire attire.

I'd never been so captivated in my entire life. Not even with Cade.

Somehow, even with a screaming heart, I managed to scream out "It's 9:01 pm!" To him.

"Wrong answer Mrs." He winked, his husky voice giving in a curt laugh.

Judie seemed to notice this, because she let out a big whistle while we had our little 'moment'

"Guys, I'm here to sing a song I wrote...for a special Angel out there.." He spoke, his voice sounding even better with every syllable, if that was even possible.

Mr.X!?

"Ahem..Ahem" He coughed, with everyone's attention now glued to the mystery red masked man on the stage. Or as I knew him. Mr. X.

"her eyes, her eyes

Make the stars look like they're not shinin'

Her hair, her hair

Falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful

And I tell her everyday" He sang, his eyes trembling as he started descending the stair case.

"I know, I know

When I compliment her she won't believe me

And it's so, it's so

Sad to think that she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"

I say,"

My mouth faltered as I gasped at the amount of distance closing between me and Mr. X. The whole crowd made way for me and him, smiles on their faces as they stared at the scene that unfolded in front of them.

His voice sounded like heaven. Like a sugar rush to a candy obsessed child, like a high to the low of a lonesome teenager. It was perfect.

Then he stopped.

He stopped singing the song entirely. The song he wrote to me on text, as he passed the microphone away to Cade. Jessica looked a lot like a fuming tomato, her cheeks glistening red as she puffed away from the hall.

So much for being Prom queen, I sassed.

He looked at me, those beautiful green eyes glistening with hope as he slowly took off the red fabric. My patience reduced, my mind constantly playing pictures of what he may look like.

He looked down, as he came much more close, grabbed my waist flush to his and looked back up to meet my eyes.

Can I say that he looked much better than I'd imagined? Cause boy, he did. His hair was tossed in a rugged mess, the suit complementing his toned figure as his eyes brought out a wave of familiarity.

It was Mason Ryder.

Cade Ryder's older brother.

His grip tightened near my waist, as his head came dangerously close to my shoulder cavity. His breathe tingled my bare back, causing a shiver to run down my spine, as his free hand grabbed mine. The music continued playing back again, as he whispered the rest of the beautiful song in my ear.

"Mason, it was you all along?" I whispered, comprehensive of what was happening in that mind of his.

"I'm sorry I hadn't told you before my queen, I'd loved you even before my stupid brother did, and I wanted to tell you...except he claimed you first" he sighed sadly, his arms losing grip as he looked desperately for a response.

"So does this mean that Mr. X Is still here to stay?" I giggled, loosening up a little cause I'd had a crush on him too, before I met Cade. We both were best friends, me and Mason..before I was intrigued by the existence of someone else, his brother. I was a stupid lot then- falling for his brother's tricks while I thought I was falling in love.

Good thing I didn't, because I wouldn't have met Mr. X then.

His eyes lit up, a gorgeous smile framing the outline of his handsome face as we danced away the night, as two fated people on a ground full of sweat and hope, hope for more to blossom out of this newly made bud.

"You know, for talking for 5 days, this isn't bad" I smiled, my heart warming up as he returned it.

"Remember the time we first spoke" he asked as we swayed slowly, to the song 'my heart will go on'

"I believe I can't,  Mr. X" I pouted, my humoristic side kicking In as I regained my sassy self.

Thank god for confidence.

"It was 9:01 pm" he grinned, before twirling me around, our happy selves dancing around like a crazy bunch of weirdos in a house full of animals.

What a crazy way to start a new beginning.

The End.

-

-

-

I'm crying you guys😭😭
Thank you all, for supporting me on this journey by commenting and voting, it really means a lot as it motivates me to keep improving and writing more.

Mmhm❤.

Bet you guys couldn't guess the ending😉.
Previously on the other chapter, I'd mention form X's P. O. V about a certain 'sibling' so if you guys did figure it out, we'll done👏.

And if you guys are confused because X did mention that he had wronged her and stuff, he's basically feeling *guilty* that he wasn't there by Mikaela's side when she found out that his brother was fooling around with Jessica.

Apart from that,  it was an amazing journey you guys, considering that this is my first completed book.

Continue to vote, comment and spread love around you, cause I can't find many people spreading positivity around here!

With love- IRI♡

-

Dedicated to : @trashduil

-