Prologue

"A family is coming to see you."

7 austere words. One simple sentence. But what most people don't realise is the euphemism of it. Most people think what's wrong with any family or anyone for that matter coming to see a girl. Obviously everyone needs to get married at one point or the other. Most of the people think what's wrong with getting married? That's how you're supposed to get your own family and have an heir. But what most people fail to discover is that getting married means tonnes of responsibility.

A guy doesn't have to sacrifice much when he gets married. He doesn't have to abandon his home or his family. Hell, he doesn't even have to sacrifice his surname when it comes to that. A girl on the other hand has to give up her everything, except for her body and some of her belongings that she is allowed to take with her after marriage to her new home. But she has to adapt herself to the completely new family that she now becomes a part of. She can no longer throw tantrums like she did at her home, when she didn't get her favourite dish that she craved for. She can no longer be the spoilt girl of her father, who always took care of her like a princess. To sum it up, she has to change herself.

A guy however is always supposed to be the one who should be financially stable. That's it. The list of his qualifications ends here. Like there's only one condition that he has to take care of.

These thoughts were currently nagging Tithi even after trying hard to sleep. She wasn't a misogamist. An overthinker for sure. She was turning from one side to the other in her bunk bed, trying to get away with these thoughts and sleep. But no avail. Since the time she came home from the court, and was told that tomorrow she has to meet a guy and his family, these thoughts were poking her.

What if the guy doesn't let me continue my job after marriage?

What if the guy doesn't like me?

What if he doesn't like my looks?

What if.. What if.. What if..

These questions were eternal. They could never be answered until the moment she met the guy herself. For if she wanted answers to these questions, she could only get them after meeting him.

After a while her eye lids started dropping finally and she drifted to slumber.

****
Hey guys. There is no cast for this story, but if you still want to imagine someone, you can probably consider Siddharth Malhotra as Siddharth Saxena, and Parineeti Chopra as Tira Saxena.

Have fun reading. And please vote and comment if you like.