CHAPTER 3~The Engagement Announcement

Tithi returned her home and told her parents that she liked the guy. She told them it was a yes from her side. Yes for getting married to Siddharth. She lay in her bed, trying to sleep but miserably failed. Her thoughts kept wandering to today's date with Siddharth. But was it even a date she thought. A smile tugged her lips as she recalled how he didn't try to conceal the fact about his sex life. Her smile widened as she recalled that he remembered about her love for chocolate dishes; noticing the fact that she was hungry; caring that she did not have ice cream because she was sneezing.

What more amiable quality anyone else ask for in a guy she pondered. He was a really handsome guy, but was he doing this just because of some hidden reason? Why would he consider a girl like her for marriage? He didn't even really know her name before coming to meet her for the first time. That means he must've told his parents he was ready to meet the girl without even caring to know her name or looking at her picture. These thoughts occupied her mind before sleep consumed her.

***

After getting ready for his office, Siddharth went to have his breakfast downstairs. His father was as usual reading the newspaper while his mother was sitting operating her smartphone.

"Good morning." He greeted his parents.

Both his parents greeted him.

His father kept his newspaper away, "So. You didn't tell me how your date went last night son." he said as he raised his eyebrow.

"It was not a date dad."

"Oh really?" His mother inquired as a mischievous smile spread on her lips.

"Yes really," Siddharth replied to which they both only scoffed, "It was just two people meeting to get to know each other."

"Son. That is what is called a date. Anyway, how was your MEETING?" His father asked him emphasising more on the word Meeting.

"It was fine." He replied.

"What was fine?" A voice interrupted them. As they glanced towards the door, all of them shocked to find the guy holding a bag standing in the doorway.

Siddharth stood up quickly as he hugged his younger brother. After hugging his mom and dad, they all seated themselves as Arjun sat next to his brother.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to return the next week?" His mom asked.

"Yeah I was. I thought I'll give you all a little surprise." Arjun said smiling, "So.. What were you chatting about when I just came here? What was fine?" He asked as he ate his breakfast.

"Your brother went on a date yesterday." Siddharth chocked on his juice this time, as his brother patted on his back.

"Mom. I told you it wasn't a date. It was just a meeting." he replied as calmly as he could.

"You went on an actual date?" His brother gasped, "Who's the unfortunate girl who had to go on a date with the most unromantic person in the world."

Siddharth hit him on the head, "How many times do I have to tell you all that it wasn't a date!"

"Oww that hurt you know." Arjun said rubbing his head.

"Okay stop fighting like five-year olds you two," Her mother scolded them, "And Siddharth you are not leaving until you tell us how did your date or meeting or whatever you would call it went."

"It was nice. She told me she doesn't really know how to cook, only the basics. And she wouldn't quit her job even after getting married."

His brother spat his food from his mouth, "I'm sorry. Who is getting married?"