Chapter 4: Long lost, cousin? And a Mermaid Fin.

AN: I couldn't find a picture that matched the description of Hannah as a mermaid, so if anyone can make some fan-art that'd be great 😘😜 thanks.

"Don't drink it now silly!" Aunt Beth yells as i hold the potion up to my mouth.

I quickly put it down and screw the cork back in. I smile sheepishly and put it in my bag.

"Here, wear this necklace." She says handing me a gold chained necklace with two charms, a seashell and a piece of coral.

"Why?" I ask, grabbing it.

"This necklace was your grandmother's, it's a Mer necklace. If my cousin sees this on you she'll know you must be related to your grandma." she replies.

"Oh." i say and quickly put it on.

"But how will she know if i'm not some other mermaid who just happened to get the same kind of 'Mer necklace'." I say.

"There are no same kind of Mer necklace Hannah. Each one is specifically made for an individual mermaid. Each charm stands for a meaning, the Sea shell stands for wisdom and the coral stands for beauty. Two of whom were ideal things for a good personality, and your grandma had it." She says.

"So i have wisdom and beauty?" I say.

"Hmm, not much of the wisdom but more of the beauty is what you have." She says smiling.

I cross my arms in frustration.

"Hey i have wisdom, some. I'm the one that pointed out there was no reason for the North-western pod to kill the king's daughter, just like grandmother did!" I say crossly.

"That's not wisdom Hannah, that's observation. And you'll be earning yourself a clam if you keep this up." She says.

"What does a clam mean?" I ask.

She ignores me and hands me the map.

"Follow this to get to Kokololio cove, once you get there make sure no one is around then you can drink only ONE DROP! You must make sure it's only one drop! Or you'll be a mermaid for a longer period of time. Now run along, you haven't got much time. Your mother is expecting you at home for dinner soon." She says pushing me to the door.

"But seriously, what does a clam stand for?!" I call back as she shoves me out the door and closes it.

"Ruuude." I say in sing song, crossing my arms in frustration.

I pick up my bike and strap on my helmet. I look down at the map. I was about south-east from Kokololio cove, so i needed to go north-west, and if i had kept going that direction in the ocean, i would find the north-western pod. Good thing i wasn't today.

I get onto my bike and ride down Great aunt Beth's driveway, determined to get there as fast as i can. The wind rushes into my face swinging my hair flowing back as i pass houses and buildings. I listen as old bird songs and new bird songs pass by my ears and the rough rhythm of cars as they passed by.

I make it out of the neighborhood and cross a road, then land back on natural terrain with a small road racing next to me. I peddle quickly and lean forward to help gain more speed.

Trees pass by and i feel and hear my bike bump over rocks and gravel. I look down and catch a few piles of sand, i was getting close to the beach. I look back up and see the trail ends. A man was waving at me to stop. I stop peddling and slowly put on the brakes, stopping a few feet from the man.

"Sorry Ma'm, you have to travel on foot from here." He says.

I look past and see the road keeps going. Something was a little off.