Chapter 7: Sea Detectives.

I finally catch up to the bubbling group and look around at our surroundings. Coral in all different colors were towering over us in huge sizes, I rarely saw a small one as we swam past, and when I did it was still big for it's size, about 5 feet tall- or fin I guess since there's no feet here..

"So can you explain now what we're doing?" I shout to them over the speeding sound of water rushing around us and bubbles popping. 

"We're investigating, it's a mix of researching and us snooping around." She yells back laughing.

"What's in the bag then?" I reply, still yelling.

"Let us stop first so we can talk quieter, you don't know who's listening to us right now!" She replies in a shout, then turns to the right in a sharp turn and disappears behind a huge piece of coral.

I follow Kalea and Puakai in a sharp turn and almost bump into them as we suddenly stop. 

"Ok, so like I said earlier, we're going to Akamai's place to do some investigating. One of as has to be on the look out and stall for time if we ever need it. Kalea,  you think you can do that?" Koa says quietly.

"Sure I can, you know me." Kalea replies in her tomboyish voice.

"Good. That leaves me, Puakai and Hannah to snoop around Akamai's room." Koa says then looks at me. "Anymore questions?" 

"Yeah, what exactly should we be looking for?" I ask.

"Anything suspicious." 

I look at her with an eyebrow raised. "I'm only half Mer, not all Mer. Everything here looks suspicious." I tell her.

She sighs. "Darn it, Ok, just ask me to look at whatever you find 'suspicious', and i'll explain if it's that or just normal."

"Alright." I say shrugging.

"Ok, let's get going, we don't have much day light left." Koa says orderly and begins swimming again.

I look at Kalea. "Is she supposed to be our leader or something?" I ask.

"I don't know." Kalea says shrugging, then swims off following Koa.

I shrug to myself and swim after them.

"Hey, wait up!" Puakai yells, and swims up next to me.

We swim united close together, our shoulders and tails next to each other. I notice that the three of them have their tails moving at the same pace, so I try to do it too. I keep missing the timing as they move their tails up and down, but soon catch up and become one with them. We continue speeding in unity like a torpedo in the water, dodging corals and sea Anemones.

We enter a rocky terrain, the rocks starting out smaller then getting bigger as we ventured deeper. 

"What is this place?" I ask, slowing down as everyone else seems to become weary.

"It was a place called Aquatica but when the war started... It's basically a waste land of broken down houses with only a few houses still standing. The palace is barely broken down, but it still has some downfalls." Koa says slowing down too.

"Be on the lookout for those clavengers, they'll be swimming all over the place." Kalea says looking around suspiciously.

"Clavengers?" I say.

"Clavengers, A name for the rogue Mermaids/Merman who swim around the runes of Aquatica and scavenge for stuff, but they'll most likely attack you for stuff if they spot you." Puakai says with a disgusted face.