Chapter 13

A/N: im so sorry this chapter took so long to write! I got a bit distracted by school stuff, that I might rant about on snapchat or Instagram later, but for now, on with the chapter!
------------------------------

They followed the glow of the gauntlet into a small alley. "Why must all the powerful items be in dark or places that are easy for monsters to hide in?" Sofia complained. "Because- actually, I have no idea," Rin scratched his head. "Kind of like how most of our akumatized villains are at the tv studio," Adrien muttered to Marinette, who nodded in agreement. "It's always the tv studio. Does Hawkmoth like that place or something?"
"Wanna bet that now he's temporarily taken over Paris, his home office is in the tv studio?" Adrien pointed out. "I actually have no doubt about that," Marinette stated. "And, where'd the gauntlet go?"
"Come on!" Katsina called from up ahead, running towards a back door of a building that seemed abandoned. "Rin, do you want to do your thing?" she pointed to the doorknob. "Can't you unlock it?" he asked cheekily. "My idea of unlocking is breaking this door down, do you really want me to do that?" she raised an eyebrow. He shrugged. "Fair point." Sofia patted his shoulder while chuckling, as he placed a hand on the doorknob. It opened with a click. "And you'd think that such a magical place had locks that keeps out magical beings," Marinette mused, stepping inside.

The area must've been abandoned for a long time. The hallways were dusty, and spiderwebs were almost everywhere. Sofia shivered. "Please tell me those creepy crawlies aren't following us."
"I will tell you that they're following us just because you said that," Katsina said sarcastically. That made her shiver even more.

"There's someone in here," Marinette pressed an ear against a door at the end up the hall. The gauntlet was hovering right in front of it. "Is the door locked?" Adrien tried turning the knob. It opened, but something was blocking the other side. "Someone is blocking the door," he pushed on it, but the door still didn't budge. "Any day now," he offered. Marinette leaned on the door and tried her best to nudge it, while Lindsey, Sofia, Katsina, and Rin shoved the door as hard as they could.
"Do they have a brick wall blocking this thing?" Rin scoffed. "At this point, I don't care if it's a brick wall. Everyone stand back," Katsina puffed out a little blue smoke. They did as she asked, and was glad they did. The bolt of magic shattered the door, and scattered everywhere. "If Hawkmoth has an akumatized villain like her, I won't be afraid to admit that we're going to have a problem defeating them," Adrien snickered. "I second that," Marinette followed the gauntlet inside, the others standing guard at the door.

"I smell cheese!" a quiet voice whispered from the shadows. "Shush!" another voice hissed, followed by a light smack sound. "Malina! Tikki smacked me!" the first voice complained quietly.
That's definitely Plagg, Adrien thought. Then Tikki is the other voice. But who's this Malina?
"Both of you, quiet. We don't know who these intruders are," a third voice warned, sounding very familiar to Adrien. "Tikki, Plagg," Marinette called out. "Don't you recognize us?"
"Malina, can we at least crank up the torch a little bit? I can't hit what I can't see," Plagg asked. "Fine," the third voice, now known as Malina, sighed, and shuffled around a bit. Within seconds, a small flame was lit on a candle, and the room was bright enough for everyone to see each other. "It is you!" Tikki zipped up to hug Marinette's face. "What happened to you?" Marinette asked, relieved that their kwami friends were okay. "We got trapped in a jar in a house, and this woman helped us get out," Tikki gestured to the woman Malina. Adrien gave Plagg a piece of Camembert before turning to Malina. "Thanks—mom?!"
"Adrien?!"

*•*•*

It took a while of explaining to get through everything. Malina told her story of why she had left for Tibet in the first place.
"Hawkmoth had originally lived in Tibet. Before he found the butterfly miraculous, he was still a convincing man. He was a hypnosis practitioner, and managed to lure people into accepting his deals.

"I came here to look for something to stop him in his tracks, to stop him for good. Knowing I had to leave my family was a heavy thought that has always kept me back. Knowing that kwamis are at risk in this city, I left mine in the mansion."
"Wait, you were a miraculous holder?" Adrien asked, wide eyed. She nodded. "Yes, I was.

"But, when I first came here, I began searching right away. But these jailers caught me and threw me in a prison like place, where they kept all 'mystical beings'. Day after day, I would try to escape. And I finally did, thanks to them," she tapped Tikki and Plagg on the head. "And I remembered I still had forgotten alleyway basements to hide in, so now I'm here."
"Seems you had quite an adventure, mom," Adrien smiled. "But from now on, can we at least have a few adventures together?"
"Of course," Malina opened her arms, and Adrien obliged with a hug. Marinette smiled warmly at them. "Sorry to interrupt, but I think we might be close to finding the thing to stop Hawkmoth in his tracks."
"Yea, Marinette and I and a few others found a gauntlet that shows a person's greatest weakness, and leads them to it," Adrien beamed. "It's somewhere in this room."
"Wait, where is the gauntlet?" Marinette looked around wildly.as they looked around, she noticed that Malina now had a slight glow behind her. Malina checked under her tables and floor, the glow still unnoticed. "Malina, what's that glow on your back?" Marinette pointed.
Adrien looked up to his mother's back, and there it was, the gauntlet floating behind her. "I found the gauntlet, and it seems to be following her."
"So, that means...." Tikki eyed Plagg nervously, as he finished her sentence, "She's his greatest weakness."
---------------------------
Honestly, I suck at updating fanfics. But anyway, leave feedback? Bc that's like, my motivation for writing😂
-Nhi/Kat🌴💥