Chapter 16

"Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?" Hawkmoth laughed.
Malina spat at him. "Where's Gabriel?"
"Oh, you mean my cousin? Yes, he should be joining us shortly." He chuckled lightly, and tapped his cane.
"Anyone want to clear things up?" Chat Noir gestures in between them. "Because this is the part where I've heard so many different version of what happened to Malina." It was strange to not refer to her as his mom, and even stranger (and shocking) that the head villain was a family member he never knew about.
"Well, since you're going to forget all of this even happened to you, might as well tell them too, Malina," Hawkmoth shrugged. "Unless, you'd rather I do so."
She didn't respond.
"Very well," he shrugged. "Sit down, Ladybug and Chat Noir. This is not your classic fairytale."
Some cushioned chairs appeared in a puff of smoke, one was all black with some green blended in, while the other was red with black spots.
"Now," Hawkmoth rubbed his hands together. "Where to begin?"

*•*•*

(A/N: this part will be in italics and centered bc it's Hawkmoth talking and using Dreamcstcher's illusions to recreate the times as he's talking. You don't see that every day!)

They say that villains are just victims of untold stories. How right they were.
This very studio was where we met, Malina. Remember that fateful day? It was a few years ago, perhaps 19. We were auditioning for the roles in that new movie, "For Freedom".
We were really close, and fell in love, then dated for 2 happy years, until you found out about my little gift, or curse.
And what happened? You left me. From this studio, may I say.
Then, I found the butterfly brooch after revisiting the studio just a few months ago.
But, what happened before I found the brooch, Malina? During my quiet 2 years, you and Gabriel had to meet, get married, and he took everything that I could've had. And you even had that peacock miraculous.
When you left for Tibet, it wasn't to save your family, or find a way to beat me, was it? Otherwise, you would've sought out that gauntlet long ago. No, you went off to save yourself, and left your miraculous around so we would believe in your death. Not very heroic of you.
But despite all that betrayal and hurt, it's still surprising I still care for you. I hunted down the ladybug and black cat kwami to obtain godly powers in hopes I could get you back. True, chances are low. But there's nothing wrong with a little hope.

(A/N: back to normal now hehe)
If it was even possible, Malina's glare sharpened.
"Don't leave out the little details," she scoffed. "I left you because I caught you charmspeaking someone to get you the role in that movie. I caught you telling someone to sabatoge the other auditions for that same role. You think it hurt you when I left? It hurt me to think you could do something so selfish.
"I met and fell in love with Gabriel because unlike you, he wasn't selfish and didn't depend on 'powers'. Nor did he ever resort to going through extreme length to get what he wanted.
"I left for Tibet because you threatened to persuade others to ruin my family. I did find the gauntlet, but I was caught and thrown in that little asylum because I tried to steal it. The people who took me couldn't figure out what the peacock brooch was for, so they tossed it away, and Gabriel found it."

Ladybug and Chat Noir watched intently, eyebrows raising at unexpected parts of the convernsation. They both thought this would be their fight, but instead, they were here watching an argument that they barely understood.
"So, she and Hawkmoth had a complicated past, and the guy wants godly power to win her back?" Ladybug whispered to Chat Noir.
"And that is why fictional relationships are goals. They go through a lot and in the end, they're still together," Chat Noir whispered back.
"But we might be fictional characters to some people out there," Ladybug pointed out.
"Exactly! That means we might be someone's relationship goals," he wiggled his eyebrows.
She blinked at him a few times before facepalming and shaking her head.

"And, what makes you think godly powers will get me to love you again? Your powers of persuasion can't help you here. No magic in the world can get me to just love you," Malina added.
"Tell that to Eros! That God shoots arrows of love and hate at everyone's hearts!" Hawkmoth yelled, then took a deep breath. "But, no matter," he tapped his cane. "Ladybug and Chat Noir are trapped in this studio now. They can't go anywhere without getting mobbed by a few hundred of my supporters."
"They aren't supporting you of their free will," Ladybug stood up from the chair.
"That's how akumas work, my dear Ladybug," Hawkmoth sneered. "Someone feels down, wants to be better. I send a butterfly to them and offer them powers in exchange for something. It's not my fault most people are greedy."
"Like you," Malina pointed out.
He had to take a few huge breaths to calm himself down. It was like he was trying not to do anything he hadn't planned, which he was struggling with.
"You know what, I'm feeling a little lenient today, so why don't you all take a few minutes in here to do whatever, before your end nears," he turned to Malina, "while you get a new beginning."
She kept her glare hard on him.
"Once I have their miraculouses, you won't remember any of this ever happening. It will be like the last 17 years never happened." He snickered as he dragged her away. "I guess the least I can do is let you say goodbye to my cousin." (A/N: I'm not gonna write what happened between them because it's just gonna be sentimental stuff and a few kisses, blah blah blah. Not my speciality.)
Once they left the room, Hawkmoth locked the door, keeping Ladybug and Chat Noir trapped inside.

"Can you use your cataclysm to break the door?" Ladybug asked.
Chat Noir shook his head. "If I do, I have five minutes before detransforming, and then Hawkmoth's gonna find out who I am, and hunt me down for the rest of my life, assuming he doesn't succeed today."
"He's not going to succeed today, and definitely won't succeed any other day either," Ladybug grit her teeth.
"So, my mom met this guy 19 years ago, four years before I was born, and left him after a 2 year relationship because of his greed and selfishness, and Hawkmoth watched her fall in love with my dad, who happens to be his cousin, for 17 years, each moment making him more bitter, until he decided to revisit the studio a few months ago, where he found the butterfly brooch that turned him into who he is today. Then he learned about the ladybug and cat miraculouses, and decided he wanted power to get love. Am I missing anything?" Chat Noir tapped his head a few times.
"He sure holds a grudge. 17 years is an awfully long time," Ladybug mused.
"And my mom left because a few years before he even had the brooch, he had threatened us. And got captured by whoever took her, and was stuck until Tikki and Plagg helped her get out," he sighed.
"We're not going to let her troubles go to waste like that," Ladybug took out her yo-yo, and was about to throw it to call for her Lucky Charm until Chat Noir stopped her.
"If you use it, you'll detransform and endanger yourself!" he warned.
"Tikki had extra cookies before coming here, and she says that once I use my lucky charm, I'll still have enough time to stop him," Ladybug explained.
"And how much time do you have?" Chat Noir asked.
"........an hour and a half?" she peeped.
"How is that anywhere near enough time?" he tilted his head.
"I don't know, but I'm willing to take my chances," Ladybug tossed the yo-yo. "Lucky Charm!"
A bright flash emitted from the yo-yo, and she caught a knife about 12 inches long. The blade was bright silver, and the grip was black with some red spots.
"What am I supposed to do with—" Ladybug questioned before pausing, and was jaw dropped in realization. "No, you don't think—"
"I really hope it doesn't come down to that," Chat Noir placed a hand on her shoulder. "There could always be other options. Maybe it's not for what we think it's for."
"Maybe," she shuddered. Staring down at the blade was enough to make her fear of what might be coming.
-------------------------
Just a warning, I'm NOT going to be updating for a while (the next chapter might actually come out on my birthday, I'll let you know if it is my birthday lol). Anyway, just the inactivity warning, I'm gonna be on my other acc mostly for a while.
And I swear, the ending is not gonna be what you think it's gonna be😂 buuuut, read my bio for a spoiler :)
I'll see y'all soon! And I hope you like is chapter!
-Nhi/Kat🌴💥