ONE.

I pulled my strawberry blonde hair up into a pony-tail before adding my red lipstick. It was my first day at this job after all, which only made me more nervous.

Don't get me wrong, I've worked before, just not at a job I actually enjoy. My mother always loved flowers and gardening, especially roses. That's why my mother decided to name me Rose and my sister Daisy.

My father was never really around growing up, he did try contacting me but I never wanted to meet up with him and hear his excuses of missing out on our lives, I still don't.

We live in a generation where being a vampire is normal, but being a human gets you killed. Good thing I was turned back a long time ago.

That day I decided to leave my home town to go traveling with the Mikaelson's, but when I came back I found my mother and sister's body with a stake through their hearts.

Which brings me to why I choose to stay here. I will find whoever killed my family and I will make them pay for what they did. It's that simple.

"Hello, you must be Rose. I'm Stella, I also work here" A girl with dark hair came from behind the register, causing me to jump at the sound of her voice.

The small shop was partly empty, with the intoxicating smell of flowers roaming in the air. I took a deep breath and looked around at all the different flowers.

"Hi" I spoke back to her, returning back the kind smile she gave me. Most vampires tend to be rude, especially the older you get. But I don't think I could ever be cruel to someone if they didn't deserve it.

"Alright, well you can just start off by taking these outside" Stella walked closer to me and pointed to the cart filled with pots. I nodded at her and picked up the first one, walking out the front door and placing it near the large glass with the letters 'Joe's Flowers' plastered over it.

"Hello love, have a moment?" I stopped my actions and stood frozen, not wanted to turn around because I knew exactly who was standing behind me. I took a deep breath before turning around and opening my mouth to speak.

"Niklaus"