TEN.

I have yet to find the bastard who plunged a stake through my mother and sister's heart

I have yet to find the bastard who plunged a stake through my mother and sister's heart. I have no clue who would do it, considering that most of the earth's population is vampires and humans are becoming extinct.

Maybe I should simply give up?

I haven't even tried yet here I am already giving up.

"No, don't give up Rose. That bastard needs to pay" I whispered to myself as I watered the plants outside of the shop.

"Who needs to pay Love?" I turned around quickly, seeing Klaus standing behind me with a smirk on his face. I blushed and turned around, walking inside the shop.

"The person who killed my family" I simply spoke, dumping out the rest of the water.

"Do you have any leads?" Klaus leaned over the counter, watching me cautiously.

"No" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Well, I could ask around to-" Klaus began but I cut him off.

"No, you will do nothing. This is my fight not yours or your siblings"

"I will find this person and kill them myself, no matter what I have to do" I stubbornly spoke, crossing my arms over my chest and narrowing my eyes at him.

"You will do no such thing Rose, you could get hurt" Niklaus tried to protest but deep down he know nothing would stop me from doing this.

I looked down at my watch and saw that my shift was over two minutes ago. I grabbed my phone and texted Stella that my shift was over.

"I'm going to find this person no matter what" I walked out of the shop as Stella walked in, leaving Klaus in there.

I knew exactly where I should start, which only made me want to stake myself.