Chapter 1 ~ A Fateful Meeting

Draco walked in through the doors of Malfoy Manor. He shuddered as he stepped over the archway; so many horrific memories flooded through his mind as he walked down the cold, dark hallways. Why did this have to happen? Why did his parents ever have to become Death Eaters? Why did Voldemort have to ever come back? Why did he ever have to even exist? His whole life had been ruined and it wasn't even his fault. It's not like he had a choice. He walked past the room where his aunt had once tortured the mudblood, Granger, and he couldn't take it anymore. Draco suddenly stopped in his tracks—he had to go. He couldn't stand being within the walls where so much evil had taken place. He just couldn't bare to think about it, let alone the fact he had either contributed to it or done nothing about it. Draco promptly pivoted around and walked out the doors of the place he once called home. But where was he to go? Then it hit him: he couldn't stay in the Wizarding World—he had no reputation left and would only be looked upon as a piece of filth. No, he needed a fresh start. He needs to go to the Muggle World. Granted, it went against every thing he had been taught—everything he had once believed in—but maybe they were wrong. It was at least worth a shot.

Then he saw it. And that's what changed his mind. That's what kept him from leaving his house, his world. He stared at its marvelous green hue, awestruck at its beauty. His eyes slowly tried to drift, staring at the stem...no. How rude! He wasn't about to treat an apple in that way. He straightened himself up and fixed his shirt before walking towards it. Draco bit his lip in nervousness before taking a deep breath and speaking.

"Hello. Um, I'm Draco and I just, uh, couldn't help but admire your lovely color from over there. So...what's your name?"

The apple stared at him, making no movement at all.

Draco suddenly gasped,
"You don't have one, do you!? Oh, don't worry, I'll give you one. How about...umm...I've got it! Sarah Beth! We can just call you Sarah for short, though. What do you think of that?

The apple continued to blankly stare, motionless.

"Great! I'm glad you like it! So...," Draco began as he scratched his head, "umm...I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to go with me to the Three Broomsticks later?"

Sarah just stared.

"Perfect! It's a date!"

A/N: So this chapter is dedicated to my friend starsarahbeth6, who I wrote this for at 2:00 in the morning once, and ThePunkRockFangirl11, who inspired me to finally finish this story.

Well, what do you guys think? Is anyone actually reading this? Hello!? Please do! It would be greatly appreciated! :) BYEEE!!!

P.S. This story is probably going to be about six chapters long. :)