Chapter 4 ~ A Chance Encounter

Today was finally the day. Narcissa and Draco were going to St. Mungo's for "Narcissa's checkup". Narcissa picked up her purse and turned to look at her son, sighing in the process at the sight of 'Sarah Beth' in his hand. She shook her head as she held her arm out to her son. Draco gripped his mother's arm and they turned on the spot. They arrived in the waiting room of the hospital.

"Um...er, why don't you and...Sarah go and sit over there while I check us in?" Narcissa asked Draco. Draco nodded his head and he walked over to two open seats and set Sarah down in one and himself in the other.

Draco looked over to his right and noticed a young couple. The boy appeared to be about his age and height with unruly, jet black hair and glasses. He was facing the other direction, and seemed to be arguing with his girlfriend. She had long, red hair, and her face was dotted with freckles.

"I don't see why you're so adamant about me having a checkup. Look at me! I'm perfectly fine," stated the boy.

"I don't care if you think you're perfectly fine!" responded the girl. "Considering everything you've been through this past year, you need to do this to make sure you are perfectly fine! That was a lot!"

"It wasn't that much."

The girl laughed humorlessly. "'Wasn't that much'! You spent over half a year, camping in the wilderness, trying to defeat Voldemort, you broke into the Ministry and Gringotts, fought in a freaking war, died and came back to life, and then defeated Voldemort! You call that not that much!?" The girl was now standing and people were beginning to stare. The two didn't really seem to care, however, as the boy stood up also.

"So what!? I feel fine!" he shouted. He then added as a side note, "And you forgot about the part where we were captured by Death Eaters." The girl glared at him, her arms crossed over her chest. "Sorry," he muttered. "But I still don't think I need this. There are more important things anyway. What about you? You should be the one getting a checkup. I don't want you hurt or sick. You are much more important than I am." The girl huffed and sat back down, arms still crossed.

"When are you gonna realize that people care about you, too. And that you are important."

"I know," he sighed, "but I want to make sure you are okay first. I care about you more than could ever you know. I...I--I love you, and I would rather be doing something to help you than me."

The girl sat there in shock, like a deer in headlights. "You l-l-love me?"

The boy smiled lovingly and took her hands in his, "Yes. I love you, and there's nothing that could ever change that."

An enormous smile spread onto her face as he said that. She threw her arms around his neck, tears prickling her eyes, threatening to spill.

"Oh, I love you, too!" she exclaimed, looking him in the eye. "That's why I want you to do this checkup. I care about you too much than to let something to happen to you."

The boy sighed, a smile also upon his face. "Okay. I guess that's a good enough reason." The girl smiled even brighter at him and kissed him passionately.

"Potter? Weasley?" Draco finally asked. Harry and Ginny pulled apart.

"Malfoy?" Harry questioned. "What are you doing here?"

"My mom has a checkup and asked me to come with her. I would ask you the same question, but you two just made it pretty clear." Harry and Ginny blushed as he said that. The couple then noticed something very odd and gave each other a questioning look, clearly wondering the same thing. Why is there an apple in the chair next to Draco?