Chapter 2 ~ The Bedroom

A/N: Paragraphs in italics are flashbacks.

Draco gazed into his long mirror, shaking from nerves. He had on his best pair of robes and spent two and a half hours trying to perfect his hair. Finally, he thought, he was ready to take Sarah on their first date. He couldn't believe it! How could someone so beautiful agree to go on a date with him! Of all people!

Draco sighed as he pulled open his bedroom door and walked out. He walked down the hallway to Sarah Beth's room. His mother thought he was crazy when he asked her for a room for Sarah.

"What!?" Narcissa exclaimed as she choked on her dinner. "Has all of this war and Voldemort nonsense finally gotten to him?" she thought. "Is my son going crazy!?"

"I said," replied Draco, slightly annoyed, "I would like to give one of our guest bedrooms to Sarah Beth. She has no where else to stay and I told her she could stay here. We have plenty of room," he finished, holding Sarah up.

"No where to stay!?" scoffed Narcissa. "How about your stomach!?  If not yours then mine!"

Draco gasped. "Mother! How could you say such a thing!? She is my friend! Please! Just let her stay."

Narcissa sighed in defeat. "Fine! Oh, and Draco?" she added, a plan forming in her mind. She had to get her son checked up. She couldn't just sit by, watching her son go insane!

"Yes, mum?" he replied.

"Would you mind going with me to St. Mungo's tomorrow?" asked his mother hopefully.

"Oh, sorry mum. I can't. Sarah and I are going on our first date tomorrow," Draco exclaimed, full of excitement.

"Oh, umm...that - that's great! I'm so excited for you." she lied. "Oh, what am I to do now!?" she thought.

Draco grinned as he exited the room, murmuring excitedly to Sarah.

Draco knocked on the door before entering Sarah's room. He had to bite his lip to keep himself from gasping. "Wow!" he thought. "She looks...sexy."

"Ahem," he cleared his throat. "Are you, uh, ready to go."

Sarah sat there, completely still.

"Great! Let's go!"

                               * * *

"Wow!" Draco exclaimed. "That was amazing!"

Sarah blankly stared back at him.

"Well," Draco said nervously as he dropped Sarah off at her room. "Umm...I'll see you around." Then, quickly before he left, he kissed her. Just on the side, but he kissed her. He then ran away as fast as possible to his room without another word. He pushed the door closed as he made it back into his room. He leaned back against his door and sighed, a small smile playing on his lips.