11- Rivals (part two)

Hiro x Reader

***

"Go throw yourself off a cliff!" I yelled across the lab at the younger Hamada boy, Hiro, as he retreated from his latest childish prank, smearing blue paint over my desk.

"It's just a little bit of paint, whiny baby!" Hiro retorted.

"You're so dumb, how'd you get into this school!" I shouted back angrily.

"Same way you did, so by the transitive property of equality, you just called yourself dumb," Hiro responded with a smirk, crossing his arms.

"Why do I even bother," I mumbled to myself with a roll of my eyes as Hiro tried to apply a mathematical theorem to his comeback.

"You two seriously have to work in your private labs," Wasabi grumbled as he walked by, his arms full of spare parts.

"We only have this year left, can't you guys just stop bickering?" Tadashi added, clearly torn as a close friend of his and his brother fought constantly. I was well aware of the fact that Tadashi had never quite liked me as much as he had before I developed a hatred for Hiro, and I felt guilty making him so upset as Hiro and I continued to pretend to hate each other, but it was for the best. As two extremely stubborn people, which was why the fight lasted as long as it did in the first place, admitting we realized our fight was nothing and admitting we didn't hate the other was not an option, so pretending to fight was the only way to go. Looking up from my project, I realized Hiro had left the room. The clock struck one, initiating the next class period, and the only one where Hiro and I were the only two from the group who had work time while Tadashi, Wasabi, Gogo, and Honey were in class. Fred usually napped during this period, giving Hiro and I the freedom to talk in one of our labs without someone walking in. Setting down my pencil, I left the room and made my way down the hall to Hiro's lab. I tapped my fist to the door twice before I heard a muffled "come in" from inside. I opened the door, Hiro spun around in his chair to face me, and I made sure to swiftly close the door behind myself before anyone walked by.

"Hey (y/n)!" Hiro greeted me as his eyes lit up.

"Hey," I replied, planting a quick kiss on his cheek before sitting down on the couch in his room. As always, Hiro's face flushed slightly, even though we've been together for a few months now. "Some fight today, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, sorry about the paint by the way, I didn't really have any other ideas," Hiro chuckled.

"It was only slightly annoying to clean," I said with a smirk. Hiro gave me a sympathetic look before looking down at his feet as he squeaked the rubber of his sneakers against the tile flooring.

"You good?" I asked him, hopping up and walking back over to him, sitting on the ground at his feet so I could get in his line of vision.

"Yeah," he sighed, pouting slightly.

"I may be the one on the ground, but you lie like a rug," I teased, sitting up on my knees.

"I just... wanna kiss you..." Hiro whined.

"Uh, nobody's stopping you," I replied, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Well yeah I know, but I mean... I want to walk around campus holding hands and every single time I see you in the lab I just want to hug you and be all lovey dovey but then we'd never hear the end of it... but man is it hard to act like I hate you when I really really don't."

"Aw, I don't hate you too," I replied with a coo, and Hiro rolled his eyes.

"I'm being serious, (Y/N)!" He scolded, playfully tapping his hand on my head and earnestly staring at me.