Chapter Three

I Do not own any part OF Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, D-Gray Man, Black Butler, or anything else I may choose to add.

On a second note the only thing I own is the story line and I'm _____ (the reader insert character).

Enjoy!♡♥

Chapter 3

After running for what felt like forever I stopped only to realize that I was outside. My breath was ragged and short. Deciding to calm down I started to walk, my hands resting on my head.

“What kind of place is this? Making people check the food for poison. Ugh... Do they not care for humanity?”

I jumped as a hand landed on my shoulder, not knowing who it was I turned around and punched said person in the nose. Looking up at the nose that I had probably just broken I instantly felt horrible.

“Vincent, I'm so sorry!”

“It's fine.” He mumbled through his hand.

“No its not. Is there anything I can do?”

“That's what happens when you sneak up on people.” Leon if I remembered right, walked up, a light smirk on his face.

“I... I didn't break it, did I?”

“No.” His short answers made me feel like he didn't like me.

“Oh, that's good then.” I gave a slight smile before turning away from them, “Why are you out here?”

“You took off out of nowhere. Heh with the force and speed you came through the doors you almost broke my nose. But we are guards of the royal family, which means we are to watch after you as well Princess ____.”

I cringed at the name “Don't call me that.” I growled at them. Instantly feeling bad as I saw them stiffen but I wasn't going to back down now. “If a princess is suppose to be willing to let her friends and fellow people swallow the sword of death for them... Then I want nothing to do with it. I will not watch my comrades be sacrifices for me. If the Fates will it then the Fates shall have it.”

“Princess, they did not mean to anger you, only to keep you safe.” Vincent spoke softly, stepping closer to rest his hand on my shoulder.

“Then they should have left me on earth.”

“_____, we saw what those people were doing to you. It wasn't right. It wasn't human.”

“I know that. But its not human to watch my friends die for me.”

“That's because you had no friends.” a new voice chimed in.

“That was rude, Vanitus.” Leon growled at him while Vincent glared.

“He's right though.”

“But you have friends now. Friends that love you and would always be there for you, no matter what. Even if you are tempted by the dark.”

I stared at Vanitus in horror. The only question that ran through my head was 'did he know what I was dreaming about?', and as if he could hear my thoughts he smirked.

“Trust me when I say darkness feels great, but the light feels better. It's also harder to keep the light, giving into the dark is so much easier and way more tempting. Yet the satisfaction of staying strong and sticking with the light is even better.”

“Van why are you being so philosophical all of a sudden?” Leon broke into the deep trance that Van had me in.

“Only a few of us know.” Van gave one last smirk and then vanished, leaving the three of us in confusion, as well as making the fear inside of me grow. If he knows, then who else does?

“____, lets get you back inside alright? I'm sure everyone is panicked and looking for you.” I had forgotten about Vincent's hand being on my shoulder until he squeezed it. “Everything will be fine.” He whispered just loud enough for me to hear but Leons eyes had flashed with curiosity.

“Thank you.”

“For what my princess?” They both asked.

“For following me.”

“It's our job.” Leon smirked.

“I guess I had hoped it was because you cared.” I fiddled with my finger nails only to be jolted out of it by Vincent squeezing my arm again and Leon messing my hair up.

“We do care.”

“A lot.” Leon added.

I couldn't help but blush at the intense stares both men were giving me.

“I'm getting kind of tired, could you show me where my room is?”

“Still a lost little lamb I see.” Vincent gave a hearty laugh sending shivers up my spine.

“Right this way little lamb.”

“What do you mean by still?”

“We used to find you crying in the hallways because you were always lost. Of course then we weren't your knights.”

“Wait, knights? I thought you were body guards.”

“Pretty much the same thing isn't it?”

“Except one is suppose to be chivalrous and kind while the other one is for protection.”

“So you didn't think we were chivalrous?” Leon put on a frown, trying to make me feel bad but failing.

“Nope, knights don't make fun of their princess.” I stuck my tounge out at them, “But I guess I look at knights as charming, great hair, always smiling, and everyone knows that those only exist in fairy tales. I may be a princess but I doubt I'll ever find my knight in shining armor, prince charming, or anybody to love and take care of me.”

“Well that last part wasn't depressing at all...” Leon smiled.

“Sorry.” I frowned.

“Its fine, but ____ you will find someone. Who knows you might already know them, even if you don't remember them.”

“Now look at who's being philosophical?” Vincent poked at Leon.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Anyways, here you are little lamb. Your bed awaits.” Leon bowed and Vincent followed.

“Now your just making fun of me.” I put my left hand on Leon's shoulder and my right hand on Vincent's. “Please don't bow, it makes me feel uncomfortable.”

“And it's uncomfortable for us not to.”

“But we will try to do it less often.” Leon added.

“Thank you guys.” I smiled and gave each of them a hug. “Goodnight guys.”

“Goodnight.” they chorused as I shut the door behind me, ready to go to bed.