Moment of Truth

Camila's POV

After a long drive and finding out that I might be some home-wrecking slut. Lauren and I decided to take a short stroll in the park. Lauren got herself some vanilla cone ice cream, her favorite she says; meanwhile, I was just being myself who's non-stop talking. However, I noticed that she wasn't listening to every word I say. She is just enjoying licking her cold sugary indulgence as we walked the streets of SF.

"Look who I'm talking to, Ms. Tried To Feel Me Up One Time." I huffed and finally, that gotten her attention while we are crossing the street.

"Fine, I'm trying to agree with you, Camz".

"Lauren" I stopped Lauren in her tracks.

"What?" Lauren looked at me.

"This is it." I said to her, we are standing in front of a restaurant that looks really familiar to me.

"You recognize it?" I nodded at her question.

"Good. OK. Come on", she said to me while holding the doors, waiting for me to go inside first. Upon entering I immediately recalled the name of the place.

"This is Moose's." I look at her happily. "I love this restaurant."

"You ate here a lot?" She asked me.

"No." I shake my head.

"No. I never did. I remember looking in that window and wishing I could eat in here."

"What, were you a homeless street urchin? Why didn't you?" Lauren reiterated to me.

"I wanted to, I just never got around to it." I look at her. "Maybe the dry-cleaner guy was right about me." I said sadly and turned around almost ready to get out from the restaurant.

"Hello, can I help you?" A male receptionist tried to ask Lauren.

"Uh, no, thank you. Maybe some other time." She answered the man and we walked together towards the door.

We are about to get out from the restaurant when we heard the sound of broken glasses all over the floor.

"Kenny!" A woman shouted and we saw a man falling down holding his chest on the floor

"Harry, call 911, we need an ambulance!" A waiter shouted back.

Lauren and I were on the door observing what was happening. People started to pool around the fallen man.

"Are you OK? Undo his collar." A raven haired woman said near the falling man.

"Is he breathing?" I heard another guy asked.

"I can't tell." The woman near the man answered again.

"Maybe we should do mouth-to-mouth." An old woman said.

"God. We need a doctor." Another panicking female said.

"We really have to find a doctor."

"Is there a doctor here? Anyone?" The receptionist is now shouting desperately and with that my eyes widened.

"Feel his chest." I told to Lauren.

"What?" She looked at me not understanding what I was saying.

"His chest" I repeated to her, "check and see if it's bloated."

"How would I know?" She asked me looking flustered.

"Just do it!" I told her again for the one last time in a very demanding tone. That made Lauren running fast towards the victim now.

"Excuse me." Lauren's now trying to make her way from the group of customers that surrounded the victim.