Questions

Lauren was panting, almost choking from out of oxygen on her way out from Camila's house all she could remember from Sofi's words were, "I'll chop you! I swear, I will chop you!"

She never imagined that Camila's sister could be that violent especially about mentioning about Vi-vi, now Lauren couldn't stop thinking who was her. The younger Cabello chased her with a butcher's knife if she wasn't that fast as a runner, Lauren was sure she would be dead on the floor now like a chicken.  Camila of course trailed behind her, as Lauren zoomed her truck and stop in a nearby park. The brunette didn't stopped laughing at a terrified Lauren.

"I don't think your sister's a very spiritual person." Lauren blurted out. 

"She's just bein' a good mom. Tryin' to keep her kids away from a crazy guy." The brunette was serious in her answers.

She was now observing a mom in a park with a baby on her lap. She was thinking to herself what if she had children of her own, what she would do. "I think I would have liked to have been a mom." She said softly but Lauren heard her.

"You'd make a good one." The green eyed girl said.  The reply made Camila smile but muttered sadly. "Thanks. Guess I'll never really know."

"Oh, come on, Camzie...Camz, this can't be it." Lauren retorted, she will not allow her to die just yet, she haven't even got her chance to profess her love to the brunette. She wanted children with her, she wanted family with her.

"Camzie.. Camz?" The brunette mocked her. Only Lauren was the one giving her this weird nicknames.

"OK, I'm sorry. I know you don't like to be called that." Lauren apologized sincerely.  However, Camila just gave her a smile and said, "I'm warming up to it." In fact she realized she liked it. Nobody ever called her that way before but she didn't say this out loud.

Well this made Lauren happy. Now she's more energetic to make ways to keep her love alive. "I can go to that hospital." She said to the brunette impatiently. "I could talk to your friend, Dinah. I could talk to the asshole guy."

"Shawn? No. Just stop, they'll put you in a straitjacket." Camila interrupted the other ones blathering.

"There's no way anyone's gonna believe I'm still here." But Lauren wouldn't give up, she has reasons. Boy she will find reasons. "Your niece, the little girl. She saw you."

"Oh, great. My fate's in the hands of a four-year-old who has seven other imaginary friends." The brunette replied impatiently. She knew it. She knew it was impossible to explain her situation. It was not written in her books that a spirit exists.

"Wait. There is someone else." She interrupted her upon remembering the person who would be a great help to their case.

"What do you mean?" Camila was clueless of what came to Lauren's mind.

"Come on." Said the green eyed girl towards her truck if she could only carry the brunette she would.

----

Lauren's POV

I am in a desperate state to save Camila from dying. I will not allow anyone to touch that life support until we find a way to reconnect her spirit with her body. I want her alive, and I want her by my side. I couldn't convince her sister to believe everything I said. She even threatened to kill me. Camila on the other hand was almost giving up but I will show her. I drove her back to the main city, there was one place who would understand this situation. The person who could also feel her, we need to go to the bookstore.

"Ashlee!" I called her immediately upon entering the bookstore. She was sitting at the cashier table with headphones on and while holding a big old book and I ran towards her direction.

"Dude." She startled about my sudden arrival.

"Yeah." I stood in front of her table and slammed my hands at her shoulder. She must have felt Camila's presence because she began to shake.

"The spirit's with you, isn't it? You can't bring that here. What are you thinking, dude?" she started to argue with me.

"Listen woman." I scowled my eyes at her. "You were right. She's alive."

"Righteous." Was the only word that escaped Ashlee's lips while nodding her head like car decor. Why does she always act like she just snorted some Mary Jane a minute ago.

"But she's in a coma. Her family's gonna take her off life support." I tried to explain to her the situation.

"Not so righteous. So, what, are you guys socializing now?" The braided hair woman asked her inquisitively.

I looked Camila and she was smiling at me.

"Uhmm, we've... acclimated."

"Yeah, I can tell." Ashlee replied with a different tone this time, she was happy.

"In fact, I'm sensin' some pretty intense feelings she has for you, dude."

"Really?" My eyes widened at what just Ashlee said and I looked at Camila. Well internally my heart was pumping out of my chest as I saw her blushed. I didn't even know spirits could blush.

"No, I don't." The brunette immediately denied.

"Major red aura. Somebody's embarrassed." Ashlee started to tease Camila. Although she couldn't see her she could feel her. Meanwhile I couldn't keep my eyes astray from the brunette.

"I am not. Can we focus here?" She faced me trying to dissuade the topic.

"Ok.Ok." I answered at her chuckling.

"Ask him if there's a spell...Or a chant....Anything to get...My spirit.....back into her body?" Camila commanded me to voice out to Ashlee, so I did.

"You're asking the wrong question." The braided woman interrupted me.

"Why is that wrong?" I asked her with furrowing brows. I was a little bit confused of what she means.

"Look, I have the gift. I didn't ask for it, but I do. I can sense these things, spirits, whatever you wanna call 'em." She started to explain but still I couldn't understand her. "Why they're hangin' here in the first place? That's their unfinished business."

"So do I have the gift?" I was unsure if my realization was right.

"Dude, please. You definitely don't have it. You're a civilian." She was laughing at my response.

"But if I don't have it, how is it that I can see her and talk to her when no one else can?" I was beyond curious this time. If I didn't have the gift like what she's saying then why was this encounter only happening between Camila and I?

"Exactly." She exclaimed while she rest her feet on the table top and leaned on her arm chair.

"Exactly what?" I really didn't get her.

"That's the right question." Ashlee said back and put her headphone back into her ears to avoid further questions.