Last Request

The drive en route to Camila and Lauren was silent. Neither of them muttered a single word, each one tried to analyze the situation they're into. Both of them were clueless. Lauren was thinking about what Ashlee had said while Camila was contemplating about her unfinished business but both of them were thinking how to bring the later to be with her body once more.

"What the hell is he talking about?" Lauren voice-out immediately upon entering their apartment door. She couldn't keep to herself any longer. She removed her coat and walked towards the. "God, I feel like it's right there in front of us. I just can't get a handle on it."

"How do you solve a problem that isn't possible in the first place?" The brunette who was following her asked with a deep sigh while observing the green eyed girl piling the books on her mahogany table, those where the books that she have gotten from the bookstore before.

"Because nothing seems impossible to me anymore." Lauren reasoned out she had done a lot of thinking in the car by now several methods were already inside her brain.

"I mean, why did I move into your apartment in the first place?" Why can I see you when no one else can? I mean, why was I down in that restaurant when that guy collapsed? It all seems interrelated somehow." She impatiently asked the brown eyed woman in front of her while checking answers from the book she had before. She badly wanna know what's happening.

"What are you doing?" Camila have noticed how exasperated the woman in front of her in checking all the books she lay on the table.

"I don't know. I feel like I missed something here. Wait a second." She signal her hand to Camila who was now moving closer to sit beside her.

"Rosemary Preston lives right here in San Francisco. We could go talk to her." She looked at the brown eyed girl and hurriedly stood up to walk towards the phone. "I'll call Information, maybe she's listed."

"Where did you get this?" Camila have seen the familiar picture frame with a photo of her and Sofi.  "It was just at the hospital." She questioned Lauren who stopped instantaneously in her tracks looking guilty as if she committed a crime.

"Yeah. I...I took it." Green eyes was stuttering and bowed down her head. Lauren was feeling so sorry why she have done that, so instead of going to the phone she returned to the couch to sit next to Camila, who's eyes never left her.

"I'm sorry. I...I just...I wanted to have a picture of you." She admitted to her honestly and the brown eyed gave her a sad nod signifying she understood. "I wasn't sure that I was gonna ever see you again. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. That's really nice." Camila gave her a fake laugh but tears started falling down her face. Why does Lauren have to be so sweet? It makes saying goodbye to her even more harder.

"I really like that picture." She said while looking back at Lauren.

"Yeah. Yeah, I liked it too." The green eyed noticed the gloomy mood of the spirit beside her so she gave her infamous toothy smile to her that made Camila's mood to lighten up.

"I had just gotten my MOAT scores back." Camila decided to tell her the back story of the picture. She could clearly remember what happened during the day they took it.

"Well, you must've done well." Lauren praised the younger knowing that she was a doctor means the girl beside her must be really smart.

"No, actually, I bombed." She laughed this time and took a glance and noticed that Lauren was staring at her fervently but she decided to shrugged it off and continue with her story. "My scores were so low I couldn't even get into correspondence school."