Bittersweet

Lauren's POV

Life is ironic after all. I finally admitted to Camila that I love her and it is the best feeling on earth and I couldn't compare it to anything. After several minutes of convincing Vero to connive with plans, she finally believed me about Camila. And how ironic life is that we were actually supposed to meet back then but I backed out and she got an accident. I was also surprised that Vero was actually Vi-vi. Everything must have really happened for a reason, I do believe now that Camila and I were destined for each other. It's like everything was planned.

Vero and I hurriedly but carefully shifted her body in gurney. We were about to go outside the room but I suddenly heard a male voice outside the door and it's like he was talking on the phone about Camila.

"That's Shawn." The love of my life looked startled upon hearing the voice. "He's 15 minutes early!

" I checked my watch, was he this excited to terminate Camzie's life. I wanted to punch the guy so badly until he couldn't recognize his own face.

"Lauren, I think he's comin' in." Vero said trying to catch up with the conversation while she's fixing Camila into the portable ventilator. She's a doctor as well so she must know what she's doing. I hurriedly rushed into the door before he could enter. I wanted to distract him for a minute until Vero's done setting up.

"Careful, he's smart. His name is..." Camila warned me as I anxiously went outside to meet the guy.

"Dr. Mendes?" I was a little bit unsure of his last name but I approached him and closed the door of Camila's room. "Yeah." He replied as he ended his phone call.

"Well, hi, I'm Lauren Jauregui." I tried playing it cool as I extend my left hand to give him a hand shake. Camila stood beside me of course.

"Buy some time. Tell him you're a doctor." The brunette instructed me to do so I did.

"I'm a doctor." The Shawn guy seems oblivion as he tried squinting his eyes to look at me.

"You're a special consultant from PAO Medical." Camila created the character for me.

"I'm a special consultant from PAO Medical." I followed every script that she says. "Dr. Cowell sent me down for a final evaluation."

"I had no verbal or written instructions to that end." The male doctor seemed confused about what I said so I turned to Camila for further instructions and I repeated everything she says.

"There's new evidence to support that full... Functionality can be restored. We need to run some tests." I stated hoping the real doctor in front of me could catch up.

"Who's we?" He asked while giving me a confused look.

"Tell him your team is downstairs." "My team is downstairs with a signed order from Dr. Cowell." I stated firmly.

"You got it." Camila said while nervously looking at Shawn. The guy seemed not to believe what he was hearing because he looked worried and shook his head.

"This is the first I've heard of this." He said back but I know he's sensing I'm lying. "You won't mind if I talk to Dr. Cowell?"

There goes the sign but instead of disagreeing with him I said, "Go confirm with him."

"We'll wait right here. I'll just get him on the phone." Nope this is a bad idea after. I will be busted if I allow him to call the doctor what-so-ever his name was so I let my instincts run me and I punch Shawn hard on the nose before he could even dial his phone and he fell down to the floor.

"Lauren!" The brunette shouted as her jaw dropped on what just happened.

"OK, I'm not convincing as a doctor!" I retorted while shaking my hand in pain, man that face was so hard but it's worth it. This time Vero was wheeling the gurney out of the room.