My Mate's Choice 04

Calvin

It was dawn and Beatrix still didn't make any sign that she was going to wake up any time soon. Last night was well spent with us chasing each other in the woods. We didn't care about being tired. We just enjoyed each other presence.

I knew I hadn't fully gotten Beatrix to like me. Last night, it was her wolf playing the role. I knew I was going to need to try harder to have her accepting me in her life and as her mate. But I had to agree that I wasn't going to be able to have both Beatrix and Valerie in my life. I had to choose one and I couldn't make the decision.

I looked down at Beatrix naked form, sleeping in my arms in the middle of the woods. Last night after a bit of running, we wanted to rest but as soon as Beatrix nuzzled her head on my paws, she fell asleep. And when I woke up this morning, we already back in our human form.

I traced my forefinger along the curve of her hips and rubbed her waist slightly. My wolf was whispering words to claim and mark her right there and then. I swallowed my saliva a few times and told myself to stay calm. I wasn't going to claim and mark her when she wasn't even ready.

I cleared my throats a few times and that must have caused Beatrix to stir and woke up. She shrieked the moment she saw me and screamed when she realized that state we were both in; naked.

"Shhh Beatrix, be quiet," I said to her.

"Why are you here? Why are you naked? Oh my god, why am I naked? What have you done?" Beatrix shot me with a lot of question as she turned her back towards me and covered her naked chest.

"Look, listen;" I said, trying to explain, "We both fell asleep in our wolf form last night. When I woke up earlier, we are back into our human form and of course our clothes wouldn't stick to us."

"Then where's my clothes now?" she asked, frantic.

"Your dress is ripped. I didn't get the chance to remove them before you shift," I informed.

"Oh my. I didn't bring any extra clothes with me," Beatrix groaned and hid her face in her knees. I looked around for my scattered clothes and handed her my t-shirt. I believed the t-shirt would fit her loosely. I of course wouldn't want to let anyone else see my mate like that.

"Then what about you?" she asked. I smiled. She still was concerned of me nonetheless.

"It's fine. I'll just head back to Valerie's cottage in my wolf form and change there. I just want you to reach home, safe and clothed."

Beatrix snatched the t-shirt from me and put it on quickly before standing up to walk away. I tried to stop her because she seemed to be angry when she wanted to walk away, but she glared at me.

"Change," was all she said. I did as told and changed into my wolf form. Then she continued, "Now head home to your girlfriend before she gets worried."

Beatrix stormed away and my wolf and I stared her, blinking as we let her walked away. Then I realized my mistake; I mentioned Valerie's name. Why couldn't I just learn to take care of both hearts?

'Because you're stupid,' my wolf commented.

"Oh shut up, you're not helping," I scolded.

'Of course. I've told you from the start that having a relationship with other girl would only hurt our mate. Now look at...'

I shut my wolf off. I knew whatever that he was going to say was right and I didn't want it to keep telling me that I was wrong even though I already know.

Beatrix

I tried walking fast but I realized I was too tired. I couldn't believe Calvin had seen me naked. No wait, that wasn't the point. He knew I was going to need him when I shifted for the first time and he came to help me. Did he care? I wished.