My Mate's Choice 22

Beatrix

"I thought you wanted your bond with your mate with to be cut off? So why do you have to still care about him? Why do you bother even if I were to kill him? I thought you don't like him anymore? So whatever that almost happened earlier between us would mean nothing to you huh?"

Gabriel was screaming to the end. He was angry and it was clear through his eyes and loud voice.

But to answer Gabriel's question... Sure I wanted my bond with Calvin to be cut off but as long as we were still mates, I still cared about him and killing him would mean killing me. I disliked him but deep down, I couldn't deny that I still had some feelings for him. And whatever that happened between me and Gabriel earlier... it didn't mean anything even though I very much enjoyed it. But of course, I didn't answer all of those to Gabriel.

"Answer me!" Gabriel yelled right onto my face.

"If you kill him, I will die too because our wolf are still bonded," I hissed to him shortly after, trying to make him feel guilty. With that, I walked out of the room.

But what made me smile as I climbed down the ladder was I didn't leave with empty hands. I left with the exit keys.

* * *

I was in Jayden and Belle; basically the children's cell playing with them when Carlos came in and called me.

"Gabriel's looking for you," Carlos said.

"Tell him I'm busy," I said.

"I'm not your messenger," Carlos growled at me and then left. I didn't bother getting up from the floor either. I kept on playing some board games with Belle and Jayden.

"I miss my brother. He always plays with me too," Belle said out of a sudden.

"I miss my sister too. But I have forgotten how she looks like," Jayden said next. It broke my heart to hear those from him. Sure I disliked Valerie but at the moment, it wasn't about Valerie. Jayden missed Valerie just liked I missed Eddie. The difference was I was only away from Eddie for a few days while Jayden had been away from his sister for two years.

"I miss my brother too," I copied, in a matter of fact. "But I hope we can all meet out siblings soon."

"I hope so too. It's fun here with toys but the people are not friendly," Belle told me. I just offered a smile because I didn't know what to reply to her. Sure, people over here wouldn't be friendly towards her because they were basically her kidnappers, but I wasn't going to explain those to her. Apparently, Gabriel had brainwashed these two kids mind; saying that they were here because the rogues were basically just babysitting them while their adults had something to do.

"Beatrix." My head and so as Jayden and Belle's whipped towards the entrance where Gabriel was standing.

"Whose turn is it to throw the dice?" I asked, totally ignoring Gabriel.