My Mate's Choice 31

Beatrix

In my sleep, I felt slightly uneasy. It suddenly felt too hot under the covers and the bed was too tough underneath me. Opening my eyes, I realized that I was sweating so badly.

My eyes then fell on Calvin who was sleeping peacefully on the couch. But the next thing that caught my eyes wasn't a very nice thing.

Gabriel! How did he get in here? He was watching me with an amusing smile and then I saw his eyes flicked from me to sleeping Calvin. Suddenly, his fangs were visible and he had a knife in his right hand.

When he started approaching Calvin, I went panic. Gabriel wanted to kill Calvin!

In a split second, I was out of the bed and crawling on the floor when my knees failed me. I watched Gabriel neared Calvin with gritted teeth. I held my fists tightly and growled really really loud that I was in my wolf form.

I haven't released my wolf in a long time and right now, I could feel that she was a whole lot stronger than the last time I let her out. Growling, I pounced onto Gabriel and pinned him on the floor. The first thing I did was to throw the knife away from his reach. I clawed his face and kept doing it until I felt a soft hand on my fur.

I turned and saw a very surprised Calvin. "Beatrix, easy. It's okay. Relax," he told me.

I growled but step aside from Gabriel. However, when I looked back down on the floor, Gabriel wasn't there. Looking up, I saw Eddie, the Luna, my parents and Rose standing by the open door. I growled at all of them. Who knows that Gabriel was hiding behind one these faces?

Turning back to Calvin, I pushed him to the couch slightly and then curled myself around Calvin; protecting him. I eyed everyone who was still not moving from standing by the door and growled again.

"It's okay. I'm here," I heard Calvin said, "Go on and rest. I'd still be here later on."

I made a small sound and then leaned my wolf closer to Calvin. Eventually, I fell asleep with Calvin softly stroking my fur.

Calvin

"What happened, Calvin?" Alpha Eddie asked quietly but sternly.

"I don't know. I was asleep. I only woke up when I heard her growl so loudly and trying to claw the ground. I think she's having a nightmare again," I informed Alpha Eddie.

Alpha Eddie muttered something that things can't be good and then told me to take good care of Beatrix before he and the rest went out, shutting the door.

I wonder what exactly Beatrix was seeing that I couldn't because it was definitely making me feel uneasy. I wanted to make her feel better whenever she wasn't at her easy state but because Beatrix haven't really open up to me, I couldn't do that.

Nonetheless, I was grateful that our relationship was getting better. We haven't argued. We're in good speaking terms most of the time and I take that as a good sign to make her mine again without anyone else interfering including that piece of Brody. We may be fine but if he ever wants to get close to Beatrix again, I'm not hesitating to shove a cow into his mouth.