My Mate's Choice 13

Dedicated to everyone who made My Mate’s Choice ranked :) Thank you very much for reading and supporting this story.

Beatrix

I couldn't believe I fell for it. I couldn't believe I thought Calvin actually cared for me. No! I was so dumb. When he came last night, instead of trying to apologize of being guilty, I believed he only wanted to get in my pants. When he didn't get it, he returned back to Valerie.

"Drive to anywhere," I quickly muttered to Brody as I left Calvin and hopped into Brody's Toyota.

"Beatrix what happened?" Brody asked me quickly. He was concerned but I couldn't take in anything anymore so, I yelled for him to shut the eff up.

"Just drive me to anywhere, but home," I repeated. Brody didn't answer but instead started driving. The car ride was silent except for my sobs. Why was I even crying? Oh yeah, because I was that dumb weak ass of a she wolf.

We stopped about half an hour later at medium-sized mansion. I looked out of the window then turned to Brody for him to at least say something but he did not. He just got out of the car and slammed the door shut, making me flinch.

I followed after him and quickly got out of the car. "Whose house is this?" I asked.

"Oh so now you're done being a bitch?" Brody said, raising his voice. "Listen Beatrix, we're friends and no matter how angry or sad or whatever you're feeling, I hope we can respect each other," Brody continued with a softer voice and then sighed.

I knew he was talking about how I actually yelled to him to shut up, earlier. I shouldn't have dragged him into my problem. And come to think of it, Brody was the only one I could turn to. Of course I had Sally but I haven't been hanging out a lot with her. Sally also didn't know about Calvin being my mate. Not that I didn't trust her. I didn't mean for anyone to know but I somehow told Brody about it.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly to Brody. I should respect him more. Not only as a friend but also an Alpha.

"Whatever," I heard Brody said, "This is my pack house. My room is on the third storey. You can go up there and there's a bathroom in my room that you can use. I'm just gonna check on my pack members for a while."

He left me there, standing just outside the big house, deciding if I should go use his bathroom. I probably look like shit for crying. Following Brody's instructions, I went up to the third floor of the house and saw that there were two rooms. I tried my luck in opening the first one on the left and glad that it was his when I spotted his picture just above his queen size bed.

I didn't thoroughly look around his room but I saw his bed, a desk - probably a study table and a walk-in closet. Then I glanced myself at his mirror and saw how I was looking so horrible. First of all, I didn't get to clean myself before leaving with Brody. Secondly, with crying like some weak idiot, my face looked swollen.

Rushing into Brody's bathroom, I quickly washed my face and rubbed them several times. I then remembered why I was looking so horrible, or exactly who made me look so horrible. Thinking of him made me angry. All these while, I wasn't crying because I was upset but more like I was angry.