My Mate's Choice 41

Beatrix

I still could not contain my excitement. I couldn't believe that I was pregnant and the best part, with my mate. Calvin and I were gonna have our first baby in 5 months’ time and I couldn't wait for our baby to arrive.

All thoughts of me being too young and not being able to achieve my dreams all gone with the wind because I knew the baby would bring Calvin and I closer to each other. But then Valerie came into my view and I got emotional. I still had those feelings where Valerie was gonna snatch Calvin for me again despite her having Matt. She was with Calvin for a good two years when Matt was imprison and their bonds were cut off - what possibility that their bonds were being attached back together.

Adding on to my suspicion, Matt and Valerie never been lovey-dovey in public like every other mates would be. And they definitely had not mated. I didn't meant to be such a nosy but their scent never mixed which only meant that Matt had not touched Valerie.

Maybe Matt didn't want to be with Valerie anymore because she had been with other guy; Calvin. They had had a proper relationship, emotionally and physically. I was hurt by that and I'd think Matt was as well. Or perhaps, Valerie wanted to be with Calvin again because she couldn't feel the love for Matt anymore because their bond were being cut off. And Matt, being the nice mate he was decided that he should let Valerie go and be with Calvin.

But Calvin is mine! No one must have him except me. Our baby needs a dad and only Calvin should hold the title.

"Beatrix?"

I startled and jumped at the sound of my name. I didn't realize that I was gripping hard on the railing at the balcony. I went there with hope that I would feel calmer and better. However, I did not and all because of Valerie.

"Beatrix," Calvin called again and this time softer as he took my hand which was still gripping hard on the railway. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted some fresh air," I lied and then took my hand back from him. A little part of me has started to doubt Calvin because he answered Valerie's 'congratulations' when he did not even bother answering Matt's.

"But it's too cold, tonight. I don't want you to catch a cold. I thought you said you wanted to turn in early, so what are you doing here?" Calvin questioned me as he wrapped one arm around me, sending some warmth straight to my body.

"I couldn't sleep," I answered, not lying at all.

"Come on, let's get in. It's really too cold, out here," Calvin said and I did as he guided me in by pushing my small back gently. He brought me over to the bed and made me sit at the end of the bed. He took a seat next to me and took both of my hands.

"Tell me," he said softly but in a demanding tone.

"Tell you what?" I shot.

Calvin chuckled lightly and then he flipped my hair back, exposing my neck where his mark was on display. With his forefinger, he lightly brush his mark and made me shiver.