Dance of The Fireflies (DRAFT)

As the morning light radiates on the dimly lit town, the town begins to come alive. The town becomes alive like that of a cog filled machine. First the first cog turns, then the second, then the third, but in this town it's a town filled with people. It's a quaint small town, the kind of town where everyone almost knows everyone. Yet our story today focuses on two souls and their ventures at school. Their school is quite large compared to the peculiar size of the town.

"Hurry up now or you're going to be late!" Zachariah's mother shouts to him as he tries to wake up. He stirs with not a stutter, nor a ruckus. Zachariah stirs with grace, just like that to be expected of a man such as himself. He's a young man, aged quite well considering his circumstances.

"Here, I have your stuff. Are you going to get up, Jesus, get up already!" His mother exclaims to him as she enters his small room and opens up the silk like curtain. She tosses his school materials onto his bed.

"Mom, give me a minute sheesh!" Zachariah shouts in a moment of pure startled heart and soul.

"Don't you yell at me!" His mother, Maria shouts in response.

"You started it!"

"Well, I'm going to end it. So get up and get to school already so I can go ahead and lock up to head to work with peace in mind."

"Fine, fine I'm getting up, I'm getting up!" Zachariah utters as he stirs out of bed and hops onto his feet. He is not particularly toned, nor is he fat. Zachariah is what one would describe as wiry, like that of a walking pair of noodles. With black hair and slightly pale skin, he starts his day.

On the other side of town, the day starts for Rachel as she's woken up by her father.

"Rachel, dear, are you up?" Rachel's father, Jason, beckons out into her room.

"Yes, Father. Give me a moment as I'm getting dressed!" Rachel replies, Rachel is a woman of unremarkable height, yet matched by an unknown beauty. She has finely cared for hair like that of a rose being gently cared for in a beautiful garden. If you were to look at the features of her face, you would feel a mixed response. She is not pig faced, nor horse faced. Somehow, someway, she has a particular masculine sense to her feminine beauty. Not a tomboy, but that of a woman. A woman who has mastered both her masculine and feminine sides.

Rachel gets dressed, grabs her school materials, and finally leaves her home.

"See you later dad!" Rachel shouts as she leaves her home. Today she is wearing a dark pink shirt, and a nice pair of blue jeans to go along with it. Her dark backpack is slung over her back like that of a soldier carrying his rucksack. The sun illuminates the streets of the town and the cars begin to move in the streets. Rachel though, is taking the backroads, walking towards her bus stop.

Zachariah on the other hand quickly gets dressed in two thin mesh shirts. He always wears mesh as it's simpler that way. Especially when he plays sports, like football or rugby. Slipping one shirt off, he is as cool as his teammates and opponents when he goes to work in the activity. When he goes to work, he is like that of an artist.

As Zachariah is walking on the sidewalk on the street he notices an old woman who has fallen over. So he quickly runs over to her.

"Madam, are you alright?!" Zachariah shouts.

"No, help me to my feet please!" The old lady shouts in response.

Zachariah quickly drops his own backpack and helps the old woman to her feet.

Zachariah helps the old woman find medical assistance. It means he's late for school, but better that than a damaged conscious right?

Rachel on the other hand is sitting inside the bus on her way to school. Johnson Academy, a high school and the only one at that in the entire town.