Ten

Harry's P.O.V

          It was Boxing Day and I was up yet again, bright and early. I was happy though because Albus had a good Christmas and he had been very comfortable with all of us. I decided to check on Albus to see if he was okay after the long day we had. I creaked open the door and he was curled up with a blonde boy. Scorpius. I walked over to him and noticed Scorpius' eyes were a bit crusty which indicated he was crying.  I frowned and shook him gently. He groaned and his eyes fluttered open. He blinked at me a few times and looked around.

            "Oh sorry." He muttered. "I didn't mean to fall asleep."

            "Are you alright?" I asked in a whisper. He looked at my perplexed. "It looks like you were crying." I told him and his eyes widened.

            "Oh!" He sat up. "I was crying but I was happy. Albus talked to me last night." He told me.

            "What?!" I yelled and Albus started to stir. He didn't wake up, just snuggled into Scorpius. "He talked?" I dropped my voice.

            "Yeah." Scorpius smiled. "He said my name, thank you and that..." He trailed off and I looked at him.

            "And that what?" I asked and he blushed.

            "That he loved me too." He mumbled and I suppressed a smile. "I don't know if he'll talk now but he did. He talked." He told me and his eyes filled up again. He blinked them away and I did smile this time. It showed me how much this kid actually cared about my son. I knew he did but I didn't know how deep his compassion was. "I hope you can hear him speak again."

            "What are you doing here anyway?" I asked. "Like last night, why'd you come over?"

            "I wanted to give him his gift." He pointed to the table. "It's a sketch book. I was gonna give you all your gifts today."

            "You got us gifts?" I asked and he nodded.

            "Of course I did. You've been so hospitable." He told us and I smiled.

            "You've already given is a wonderful gift, that being Albus back home with us." I admitted but he shook his head.

            "No, I was just in the wrong place at the right time." He waved a dismissive hand. "But I'm happy he's home too." Albus started to stir and I saw his eyes opened. He blinked a few times before grinning at Scorpius

            "Morning Albus." Scorpius greeted. "Your dad is here. Do you wanna try saying hi?" He asked and Albus looked at me. He blinked a times before sitting up. His mouth started to move.

            "H-hi." He spoke shakily. Tear sprung to my eyes and I bit my lip.

            "Hi Albus." I told him.

            "D...dad." He told me and moved closed to me. He grabbed my hand and then held it against his chest. "L-love." He told me and I let out a cry.

            "I love you too Albus." I sniffled.

            "N-no c-cry." He told me and I shook my head.

            "I'm just so happy to hear you speak again baby." I answered and he just grinned.  Scorpius ran a hand through Albus' hair. He closed his eyes and hummed.

            "S... S-Scorpius." Albus spoke shakily.    

            "Yes Albus?" Scorpius asked.