6.

Today is a special day

Today is a special day. I woke up a little earlier than usual. Marissa, my older sister, is finally coming back from her trip. She was backpacking through Europe. Lucky girl. 

As I was riding in the car to the airport I turned the radio on. I instantly froze. 

'All of me' 

Of course it had to be that song. It was our song. It was our tradition. Dave texted me every night before he went to sleep 

I give you all of me

You give me all of you

Always and...

Forever. 

Huh. Forever. That was my answer. How foolish I was. I took a deep breath and changed the station. I'm getting a little stronger. Day by day. It will get easier.

On our way home Marissa couldn't keep her mouth shut. She kept rambling on and on about hot Italian guys. And hot Spanish guys. And hot French guys. God, I missed her. 

Anyway, as I said today was a special day. And not just because my sister was back. It was also Ivy's birthday. We're going out tonight. And I honestly couldn't be more thrilled. Who knows maybe I'll meet someone new. Maybe God will finally give me a break and say ' Look at Jane, she's been a good girl this year. Let's give her a reward'... Oh wait. That's what Santa Claus supposed to say. My bad. Well, whoever says it, I hope they give me a chance. I'm going to make sure not to waste it. 

Vote ✨ Comment ✨ Share