Four (the wedding ya bitches)

Sorry I took so long to post... I hope a long chapter makes up for it though. I hope you like this one— lots of interesting stuff... Mmmmhmmm. Tell me if you don't like it, though. A lot happens in this one, so just tell me if I'm putting too much into one chapter.

Today was the day. The day. Not just any day, Dan and Phil's wedding day.

It was 10:30 in the morning, and Dan woke up to an empty bed. Phil had gone to PJ's house to get ready, and Dan was going to Chris's house. Of course, Chris and PJ were the best men. Who else would they choose?

Dan took a deep breath and dialed his father's contact in his phone.

Three rings.

"Hello?" His father answered. "Daniel?"

"Yeah. Hi, dad. So, I've given you a long time to think. Mum's coming to the wedding,  and so is Adrian. You can't not come. I mean, I'm your son. "

"Yes, Dan I know you're my son. I was there. I just can't come. You don't understand. I can't get over this whole 'bisexual' business. The thought of my son having a husband is something I've feared for years. I won't come. I just won't."

Dan wasted no more time on the phone and hung up without saying goodbye.

"Shit." He said under his breath. "Shit, shit, shit." And that was how he felt. Like shit.

Dan hopped in the shower, letting the hot water run along his skin, streaming down his face. He took his time washing, and took time to calm down in the shower. No matter who was or wasn't coming, Dan was just glad he was able to marry the man he loved most.

After he was done, he got dressed and called Chris to come pick him up.

Chris arrived shortly, and Dan entered his car, placing his tux and a large white bag in the backseat.

"Hi Daniel" Chris said as Dan entered the car. "Big congrats on the marriage, mate. Pj and I are very happy for you."

"Thanks, but, can I ask you a question?"

"Go for it. You can ask me anything"

"Is it normal to feel like shit on your wedding day? I mean, I'm supposed to be happy. Don't get me wrong, I love Phil dearly, but what if something goes wrong at the wedding? What if he says he won't marry me?"

"I'm one million percent sure that Phil will not say no. You have nothing to worry about, Dan. Everything's going to be fine. "

"Thank you, Chris" Dan replied.

The two men got to Chris's home in a matter of the next few minutes and started to get Dan ready for his big day.

Dan got to work putting on his suit and tie, and getting emotionally prepared for the wedding. He went over his vows, leaving his hair for last. With another hour left, Dan painted his nails matte black, because why the heck not. Finally, once his nails were dry,  vows memorized, and tux looking sharp, Dan began to tackle his hobbit hair.

"Fuck!" He shouted, dropping his straightener on Chris's counter. The flat iron was broken. Dan just decided to leave it curly instead of worry about it. Phil liked it that way anyways.

***

Phil and PJ arrived at the wedding venue a few minutes after Dan and Chris got there. Guests were already filling the seats that were arranged in tight rows in front of a small gazebo in which Dan and Phil would exchange vows.

Scanning the crowd, Phil nervously waited in the gazebo for Dan to walk down the isle. Phil spotted his mum sitting next Martyn and other family members and friends. He saw Andrea, who they had invited last minute, sitting in a bigger chair near the back to accommodate the large baby bump that seemed to be erupting from her hips.