Eight

smut warning in this chapter lol.

Dan woke up to the sound of two screaming babies and a loud clatter coming from the nursery.

"Dammit." He muttered, stumbling out of bed and rushing to where his babies were both crying in the nursery. Dan picked up Alex and checked to see what he needed. After seeing that Alex didn't need anything, it occurred to him that Harper was the reason he had woken up. Although Harper was getting better at sleeping through the night, she was a problem when it came to Alex's sleep schedule.

Dan got the two back to bed and went back to the bedroom finding Phil sitting up in the bed.

"You didn't have to stay up, love." Dan said softly. "You could've gone back to bed."

"It's fine. I couldn't really sleep anyways."

Dan flopped down next to Phil and rested his head on his chest. "I think we should move." Dan said quietly. "This house would be fine with one baby but Harper keeps waking Alex up in the night and we don't have a separate room for the two of them. Plus, we need more space."

"Hm" Phil responded. "I agree. Maybe we should look online a little tomorrow."

"Yeah." Dan muttered, sleep slowly engulfing his body. Before he knew it, both men were sleeping once again, their dreams almost intertwining as they lay together, tangled in their undying love for one another.

***

Dan and Phil both simultaneously woke up to the sound of Alex crying. Phil got up and ran to the nursery to check on his baby. It was already after 6:00 am, however, so there was no use trying to go back to bed.

Instead, Phil got Alex and Harper ready for the day and placed Harper in a small play cot and Alex on a baby mat in the lounge. He pulled out his laptop to search for houses while making sure to keep an eye on both babies.

Dan walked into the lounge and joined Phil on the couch.

"Look at this one." Phil said, pointing to the screen.

It was a nice, two story home with four bedrooms and three bathrooms. It had a finished basement with lots of storage which would be good for their video equipment.

The house was nice, however it was too isolated. Not that they minded staying indoors 24/7, but when it came time to send Harper and Alex to school, the closest one was 45 minutes away. They spent almost two hours searching and making calls until they finally found one they liked.

Dan called to schedule a viewing and settled on January 9. Everything was good. Everything was planned out.

***

The day had finally come to see the house. It was the first time they were leaving both babies at home for longer than an hour. Louise being their most experienced friend, the two men relied on her to babysit while they were gone. Shortly after Louise came inside, Dan and Phil thanked her and quickly left the house.

After a somewhat agonizingly long ride in a taxi, Dan and Phil made it to the house they would be seeing.

"The Realtor said just to ring the bell. He said he'd be waiting inside." Dan said, pushing the small button inwards.

They waited for almost a full minute.

"Dan, do you think he's here? Nobody's answering the bell."