One

"...in a single day and night of misfortune,the island of Atlantis disappeared into the depths of the sea."

-Plato,360 B.C.

¤Levi¤

Bang Bang Bang "LEVI!" A loud obnoxious voice called outside my apartment door.

I grumbled out a serious of curses as I got up from behind my desk and out of my study. It was too early in the morning for such a loud racket and the neighbor's were probably still in their beds. That was all I needed was for the landlord to come to my house again about my loud visitor.

I swung the door open to reveal a tall four eyed brunette who wore a wide creepy grin. I knew that look and before she could even say a word I tried to slam the door no longer not caring about the neighbors and the noise. But before the door was closed and locked Hanji placed her foot in the door.

"Please Levi hear me out!"She begged.

I sighed knowing there was no point in trying to send her away. I opened the door letting her in. Hanji quickly enters and pulls out a rather old journal from her satchel.

"I told you it was real!"She said shoving the book into my hands.

I cringed of the thought of the many germs and filth on the book but looked through it anyways.Inside it was ancient writing,a dead language. I give the woman a look on why she was showing me it knowing I couldn't read it.

"It's Atlantian!Atlantis exsists Levi and I am going on an exploration to find it!"She exclaimed waving her arms in the air.

I groaned at the word "Atlantis".I've known Hanji for a long time,more than I would've liked and she has always talked about the ancient city of Atlantis that no one has proven exsisted. They say that the city was more advanced than any other ancient civilization like medicine, technology and even the power of flight. Hanji believes that the city was powered by a power source greater than any gass and coal combined.

"And I was hoping that you would come with me." She said giving me a poor expression for puppy dog eyes.

"No." I deadpaned walking away into my study.

My study was filled with books and journals while my desk sat in front of the window. I am a novelist and I had recently finished the last book to my best selling series. Idea's for another story were low so I mostly sat behind my desk or cleaned my apartment until an new idea popped up in my head.

"But Levi this wouldn't only benefit me but also you as well." Hanji explained as I leaned against the edge of the desk with a raised brow allowing her to continue."Think about it you are a writer right? Well I'm a researcher and linguist. Come with me you'll be able to write a adventure story! Adventure is one of the top genre's in the writer's world right?"

I hate to say it but shitty glasses had a point. What better way to right about adventure then experiencing it first hand. I am not to find of traveling but if it is for my work as well passion, I would break out of my shell and go.

Letting out a convinced breath I agreed to come along. Hanji lets out an exciting squeel and hugged me earning her a kick in the side.

"Start packing because we leave in three days!" Hanji called out from the hall and out the door slamming it on her way out.

I throw myself into my desk chair running a hand down my face wondering what I had just gotten myself into.

¤Three days Later¤

What did I get myself into? I gaze out at the vast ocean while on a large ship. Hanji had picked me uo not telling me where we were going until it was too late. I expected it to be a land trip but of course it wasn't. I recalled the mad woman saying the city had disappeared into the depts of the sea.

"Levi!"I sighed turning towards the direction of the familiar voice.

Hanji comes skipping towards me with a older looking man who smelt like he had be doused in alcohol.She was about to hug me before I stepped out of the way causing her a pout but soon recovered.

"Levi let mr introduce the man who is fonding this operation."

The man holds out his hand."Dot Pixis, pleased to finally met the author of my favorite novel."

I took his hands giving it a firm shake."Levi Ackerman, pleasure to met a fan. What would be your favorite?"

Pixis grinned widely showing the white of his teeth."Shingenki no Kyojin."

Ah,the last novel I've written. Indeed is has been top seller so far out if all the fifty books I've written.

"Ms.Zoe tells me you are travelling for inspiration for your next series." Pixis said.

I nodded confirming the information."Yes, hopefully all goes well and not a total waste of my time."My eyes caught sight of Hanji as spoke the last few words because if so it will not end well for her.

Pixis and Hanji lead me to the launch bay when it was announced it was almost time for departure. Along the way I met the main team of exploration.The leader was a average height man with dark hair and eyes by the name of Nile Dok. His second in command was a short blond with a roman nose named Annie Lionhardt. We had a translator,a cook,weapons and explosive expert,doctor,enginer,and a few assistants. There was one familiar face other than Hanji who was Erwin Smith.

Erwin and I, like Hanji, had known each other for years. Erwin, like me ,is a writer but unlike me he traveled the world. My old friend claps me on the back with a pleased grin.

"You've finally came out of the cave I see." He joked.

I pushed his large hand off my back with a eye roll. The tall blond liked to joke about my life style like calling me a "cave man" or "clean freak" due to my habit of organizing and cleaning.

"It was time for a change." I simply said.

Down at the bay awaited a large submarine that could hold up to a thousand or so people. I was a bit nervous on the inside about entering the vessel since we would be deep beneath the sea surrounded by nothing but water. Hanji thanked Pixis for giving her the chance of a lifetime.

"I look forward towards your next book Mr.Ackerman." Pixis waved as we entered and the doors closed cealing us inside. There was no turning back now.