Five

¤Levi¤

"That's excellent!"Hanji exclaimed excitedly at the news.

The prince had informed us that the queen has given us three days to stay and once the three days are up we are to leave and never return. I understood why she wanted us to leave. We are strangers who just popped up out of nowhere and could be a threat to her people. Of course she would take absolute cautions.

"If you would like a few of servants and I can give you a tour of the kingdom."He says with a hint if hope in his eyes.

Doks eventually agrees and that we all should go in groups. I scoffed feeling like a child on an elementary school field trip.The prince grinned pulling out an object made of wood with swirling designs a long its sides. He blows into it letting out a beautiful tune flow through the air.Seconds later two people came rushing down the hall and to the prince bowing. One was a tall boy with dark hair and trail freckles decorate across his face. The other a short girl with blond hair and blue eyes.

"You called your highness."They asked on sync.

I hold back a amused smirk.They act like trained mutts.

"This is Marco Bott and Christa Renz they'll be your guide's for the next three days."The prince explains. The servants looked us all up and down not to sure what to think or say.

"Oh oh oh!"Hanji raised her hand like a child gaining everyone's attention."Do get to choose our guide's?"

The three atlantians were amused and nodded.Hanji squeals making me have to cover my ears that threatened to bleed.Shitty glasses skipped towards the prince dragging me along with her. Grey met teal for a quick second before I looked away finding the walls interesting. What happened mere moments ago back in the mountain flooded my mind. His lips were warm against my cold ones which felt oddly nice. I shook my head from thinking such thoughts.

"We will all meet back at the dinning hall in the palace."The prince said before leading Hanji and I out the palace. Erwin and Arlert followed after us.

"Your highness-"Arlert was silenced with a raised hand of the prince.

The brunette smiled kindly at the blond."Call my Eren. Treat me like you would your friends, okay?"

The young boy lets out a breath of relief nodding with a small blush."Of course your- I mean-Eren. I want to know how did you, I mean not you personally, but how did all this end up down here?"

Arlert spreads his arms out to the city. Beauty was all around us yet also a story of tragedy. The sky was nothing but mist and a transparent ceiling of the ocean looking down on us, providing little light for us during the day. From what I could tell it was nearing dawn by how the water starts to slowly dim.

Eren stopped at the edge of stairs that lead down to nothing but a pool of water. Roof tops and large stones poked out from the surface. It stretched out for miles showing another piece of history. I glance over to the tall boy seeing his eyes glimmer with unshead tears and hints of silent pain.

"They say the gods grew jeolous us."He began stepping into the water not caring that his clothes were getting wet."All I can remember that there was shouting and running...and a great light...like a star shining down on us."He looks up towards the clear ceiling of mist."That was the last time I saw my mother. My-the king said it called my mother to it...then we were trapped down here."

He spat at the mentioning of the king with furious hate while mournful for his lost mother. I wanted to reach out to him to make the feeling go away but those feeling were shoved down.

"WAIT A MINUTE!" Hanji yelled her hands up staring at the prince in awe and bewilderment."That was like thousands of years ago!"

Arlert nodded in agreement looking just as shocked."You should be like at least five-no- eight hundred years old!"

We all stared at the young boy who had no wrenkles nor seemed to had aged since he was about fifteen or sixteen years old. He stares back in confusion but nodded like it was no big deal. Humans are not able to live so long. Its impossible! Or so we thought.

"I've brought you here for your help."Eren began."For years I've been looking for answers that might help my people." His eyes showed determination that flickers like a warm flame. I admired him for that.

Hanji snapped her fingers pulling out the journal from her pouch. Noticing the familiar words imprinted on the cover Eren took it into his hands. His eyes widen as they scan the pages but he was curious and confused.

"You can read this?"He asked in disbelief.

"Yes we can read altlantian just like you!"Hanji smiled only to frown ar the prince's expression." can't you?"

Eren shook his head with a light shrug."No one can all knowledge has been lost since the great flood."

"Oh the great flood."Armin translated in understanding.

Eren hands the book back."Anyways I need to show you something."

We followed him through the abandoned part of the city to what looked like a stable. It was covered in moss and cracks but still in good condition. Inside stood large statue like creatures that resembled horses.

"I've done everything I could but even so they refuse to respond."Eren huffed knocking a knuckle against one of them.

Hanji and Armin immideatly went to action. Erwin and I stood back and watched not knowing what to do since this was out of our field. Instead I took in my surrounding getting a few idea's to write about yet even though my eyes were focused on the scenery, my mind went to the the sun kissed skinned prince. I knew I was bisexual but to be this attracted to a stranger,to a prince of a civilization that is supposed to be fictional, is a bit unreal.Yes he is handsome,yes he is very caring and thoughtful towards his people and yes his lips felt so right against mine. I shake the last thought away as heat radiated through my body. Get a hold of yourself Ackerman! When I though the heat died down a warm breeze hits my neck causing me to jump and fall into the cool water.

Frantically I looked up to see a pair of white glowing eyes staring down at me. It was a horse made of stone with glowing spiral designs along its body. On its back was Eren who held back a laugh but his eyes were filled with mirth.

"This is amazing!"He shouted with glee.

Startled the horse whines and takes off. Surprised the prince falls off at the sudden action and into the water he went. He spits out the water next to me. I gave him a grin not hesitating to laugh at his shocked expression.

"Hehe so um who's hungry?"He laughed.