Four

¤Eren¤

I toss the rubble off the small man's body in hopes that he was still alive. I found him with a deep gash on his chest just above his heart. Quickly but gently I pulled him out and laid him on his back. I opened one of my pouches pulling out a glowing cystral along with a knife and water skin.

"Nhg."The man groans.

His eyes opened to reveal silver blue orbs. They shift side to side before focusing on me. He tried to back away but groans in pain noticing his wound. Quickly I brought my knife to the crystal making a small amount of dust and put it in the water skin. I tried to get the man to drink it but he refused.

"How do I know you aren't trying to poison me?"He asked.

I rolled my eyes but drank a few drops showing him it was fine. Still he refused. Frustrated I climb ontop of the man caging him between my legs as he struggled. He began to bleed even more from his fast moments. I poured the water into my mouth and clashed our lips together forcing the water down his throat. The man was too shocked to even fight back. I pulled away to see the potion doing its job. The wound healed within seconds. I whipped the blood away seeing no hints of a scar.

The man looked down at his healed chest in disbelief.

"Thanks I guess."He mumbled.

I smiled glad I was able to help.

"Ackerman!" A voice called out through the cave.

The walls began to break apart as a monster comes roaring through. Afraid I ran. The man calls out for me to stop. I didn't however as I climbed the rocks and out the entrance to the mountain. Just before I could cross the bridge the monster breaks through the thick wall. I lept onto the mountain wall to hide away from the mysterious group.

The man I saved was the first to emerge from the cave and stood in awe at my city on the other side. A woman follows squealing madly.

"I knew it I knew it!"Her laughter sent unpleasant shivers down my spine. I questioned if she were mentally insane.

I wondered why they were looking for my home. To get answers I leaped down in front of the group who jumped back in surprise.

"Why are you here? Where did you come from?" I asked in my native tongue.

No one answered with clueless looks on their faces all but the crazy woman. A small blond cautiously approached.

"W-we didn't know that anyone still lived here. We come from the...the s-ur... surface." The blond had a bit of trouble speaking our language but was a little clear.

The surface? There was a way back up? How is that possible! I needed to know more, there had to be a way for my people to once again live under the sun and moonlight.

A average height man pushed the blond away.

"We come in peace."He said.

I stared into his dark eyes seeing that he was hiding something but let it slip my mind. I was too interested in their world then his secrets.

"Welcome to the city of Atlantis."I announced opening my arms in a gesture of welcome . "Come I will take you to her Majesty."

I lead the group across the bridge and down the road to the palace.My people stared at the strangers with curiosity and caution. Children ran up to me asking who the strangers were.

"I'm hoping they'll help us."I whispered to them.

"With what?"One asked.

The children did not know that their family was silently suffering. Instead they ran around the rubble playing innocent childs games and bringing smiles to the elders faces.

"For a better future."I said patting their heads before sending them off to their parents.

When we arrived to the palace the guards instantly stood tall weapons ready just in case the strangers were up to any funny business. They opened the large doors to reveal my sister who stood from her throne in shock.

"Eren what is the meaning of this!?"

I flitched at her demanding voice knowing that I needed to be clear when I explain the situation because if not these strangers would lose their lives without a second thought.

"I traveled to the valcano to continue my search when I came across them. Please Sister,they may be able to help us." I pleaded.

Mikasa's dark eyes narrowed at the group behind me. She was judging them and by her hardened gaze she was not impressed.

"No. Send them back."

The average man with dark eyes stepped forward with a forced smile."Your highness I am honored to be welcomed to your city."

The blond and crazed woman tried to stop him from speaking any further knowing that they were not welcomed.

"You are a fool to think I will welcome you to my kingdom. Go back to were you came."Mikasa snarled.Taken aback the man took a moment to gain his composer and presses on saying that they were mearly explores.

"And yet you bring weapons. How do I not know you are to destroy us?"

"They are things for us to protect ourselves and help us along our way through this dangerous world. I wouldn't think of using them on the...innocent." The man relied."Please let us stay just one night so we can rest and resupply and we'll leave by morning."

I give my sister a pleading look. She sighs agreeing to only one night. She had the guard's escort them to their sleeping quarters leaving us alone.

"Why? You promised Mikasa."I said upset that she was turning them away."They could help us."

"And what if they can't! Eren they are stranger's. Why are they really here? I don't trust them and neither should you."Mikasa said starting to leave the room.

"Mikasa please this may be our last chance."I begged. She knew I hated to beg but it was the only way to get her to listen."Give me time, please Mikasa."

My sister lets out a breath while rubbing her forehead head."Alright but only three days and that's it.

I engulfed her in a hug before heading out the room.

"I just hope this isn't a mistake."I heard her sigh before the doors closed behind me.