Six

¤Eren¤

The atmosphere was tense. I sat across from my sister who ate quietly in her seat yet her eyes scanned each and everyone with caution. I watched as a young girl stares at her food curiously while trying to hold the utensils correctly in her fingers. Hunger fills her eyes, food defiantly on the brain as she throw the items down picked up her bowl as wolfed down her food. She must've really been hungry. We didn't really have much but I was happy that the meal was able to satisfied someone's hunger.

"I'll be retiring to my room, good night Eren."My sister stood from her seat and heads out with the room with Krista following behind her. The servants and I bowed as she disappeared passed the large stone doors.

I slouch back into my chair feeling the weight of her dominant atmosphere leave."I apologize for my sister's behavior. "I said to the traveler's."She'll warm up to you I'm sure." When you leave that is I thought.

The leader, Dok, gives me a smile but I didn't see it reach his eyes. For some reason I felt wary around this man. The way he carried himself was like a prideful lion. As for second in command, way she eyed everyone was like a snake ready to spread its deadly poison if anyone dared to cross her path. Hmm seems like I'll have to keep an eye out for those two.

"We are just glad that we're given the opportunity to explore such a magnificent place such as this."Dok beamed.

"Oh and what will you while you're here? What is your real purpose for coming here at all?"I asked leaning on the table with my chin resting between my knitted fingers.

Hanji answered that question before. People did not believe that we Atlantians even exsist. That we are nothing but a myth, a fantasy to tell children. Everyone here has their reasobs for being here. Research. Adventure. Proof. But I felt that there was something more, much more.

"We are just explorers, nothing more ,nothing less."The man replied.

I stood from my seat."Good because believe me Mr Dok when I say if anything goes amiss while you're here."I made my way towards him making sure our eyes never strayed from each othets gaze."I will not guarantee that my warriors or-"I swept my foot under the leg of his chair causing it to tip. Dok advoids from falling to the hard floor but I grab him by the collar of his shirt to corner him between myself and the table. An iron dagger is pressed against his throat."Myself won't cut you down you down where you stand. "

The air grows tense at the end of my sentence. I could feel Dok's pulse vibrating against the blade. Fearful eyes were on me. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone hadn't shit their pants. Once I felt that I got my point across, I release Dok with a grin.

"And we wouldn't want that now do we? Marco!"The young servant was by my side within seconds."Is desert ready yet, my sweet tooth is starting to ache."

"I shall inform the cook."With that Marco left the room to the kitchen.

When desert was served everyone cautiously ate as if the delicious treat would come alive and eat them instead. I smiled, good everyone got the messege. I may not be my sister, but I do take caution just as serious and I make sure it is clear to everyone here. My city has enough problems as it is, I don't need them making it any worse.

¤Levi¤

After the dinner, Prince Eren and his servant Marco showed everyone to their rooms. Four people for each room. I shared a room with Erwin, Armin and another guy with along face that could mistaken him for a horse, Jean. The room was spacious with four twin sized beds covered in silk and cotton. There was an of balcony that provided a stunning view of the city. A crystal chandler hung in the center of the ceiling, it lit up dimly which I noticed that there were fireflies trapped inside.

"Man that prince is crazy."Jean muttered.

"But Prince Eren has every right to be cautious. We are strangers that have intrudered in his home."Armin stated.

"Yeah but he doesn't know Dok like we do."Jean shuttered at an unpleasant thought as did Armin.

I took note of how they seemed to fear their leader. Yes Dok is intimidating yet I never seen him do anything that said otherwise. Now Leonhardt I understand. She held this persona of a soldier, no- an assassin. Her face is always blank of emotion, she holds back her strength unless needed. That woman is more dangerous than Dok for sure.

That night sleep did not come to me despite the long yet overwhelming day. Ever time I closed my eyes screams echoed through my head as gruesome images flashed behind my closed lids. I found myself sitting at a desk jotting down notes about what had happened. Most of my notes and thoughts were on the prince. Prince Eren looked to be in his late teens nearing adulthood but from what Armin told us the boy is old enough to be my great ancestor. His eyes that out rivals the ocean itself expressed his emotions even if he tried to hide them with a stoic mask. The way he talked about his people with such passion and yearned to help them for a better futured is heart warming.

"What's wrong with me?"I groaned placing my head between my hands. To feel this way about a complete stranger is like a fictional novel. A cheesy romance tale that will certainly end in tragedy.

We are to leave soon and daydreaming about a boy who may not return my affections will only hurt more. Placing my notes and materials back into my satchel I climb back into bed. I imagined bright yet deep ocean teal eyes watching over me, shielding me away from the terrors that awaits.