Chapter 2

After dropping off Chloe, Kathryn made her way to the school. Getting out of the car, she locked the doors, threw the keys in her bag and headed up to the double doors. Looking up, she glanced at the big letters that spelled out 'Pine Hills High School'. They were the school colors, red and blue. They were shiny, as if freshly painted. Kathryn rolled her eyes. 'They care more about their precious school than they do the students that walk through the doors.' She thought to herself.

Walking down the halls, she stopped by her locker, threw her bag into it and walked to her first class, Mathematics. Turning the knob, Kathryn entered the room. "Miss McDaniels, you are late to class, young lady! And on your first day! What do you have to say for yourself?" Kathryn glanced over to see a short, petite woman with chestnut hair and glasses covering her brown eyes.

Rolling her eyes, Kathryn replied, "Um, yeah, I don't care Ms..?" Huffing, the lady spoke. "I am Ms. Williamson and you will show me respect! Now, go and sit down!" Smiling sarcastically, Kathryn took a seat toward the back. Putting her feet in the chair in front of her, she pulled out her phone, scrolling through her music.

After selecting a song, she put in her earbuds, all the while painting a mental picture of herself playing the song on her precious guitar. She began tapping her pencil on her desktop, keeping the beat masterfully. Class was over before Kathryn realized it had started, and she was off to her next class.