Chapter 5

~Kathryn's POV~

As Science came to an end, Kathryn said goodbye to Jennifer, walking to her 4th and final class of the day, History. As she entered the class, she took a seat in the back, as usual and watched as everyone else filed in. Scanning the group, she realized the boy who had fallen over her in lunch was in this class.

She rolled her eyes, and stared down at her desk, tapping her pencil. After a couple of minutes, in walked a big, beefy man, who looked to be in his mid 40s. As he sat his books down, he cleared his throat. The class looked at him as he began to speak.

"Hello students. My name is Coach Wyatt. Now, I don't stand for any type of talking, nonsense, or horseplay. As long as you follow my rules, we'll get along just fine. So, don't get comfortable. You have assigned seats." The entire class groaned as they got up. Kathryn stood slowly, looking at Coach Wyatt in distaste. She already knew they weren't going to get along well.

The class walked to the front of the board and waited as the coach called their names, seating them for the semester. When he got to the third row, he looked down at his roster. "Dylan Herald." Kathryn watched as Dylan sheepishly walked to the seat Coach Wyatt had pointed to. As he moved to the next seat, he took a moment to look at the roster before landing on a name, snickering slightly to himself.

Looking directly at Kathryn, he grinned devilishly. "Ms. McDaniels. I've heard quite a bit from the other teachers about you." He said, coming closer to her. "And let me tell you something, little missy." He walked up to her, getting very close to her. "I will not stand for any type of funny business from you! Which is why I am seating you beside Mr. Herald. Maybe his good influence will rub off on you."

Kathryn rose her chin and glared at him, staring him down for a few seconds, before stalking to her seat. Huffing, she sat down next to Dylan.

Dylan looked at her for a moment, completely transfixed. (He didn't know what to think, or what to do, knowing that this girl would be sitting next to him an entire trimester. 'Why couldn't it be anyone else?' He thought.) Kathryn glared at him. "Got something to say?" Dylan shook his head, his cheeks heating. "No. Uh.. Yeah. I'm sorry about, about uh lunch. Yeah." Kathryn shrugged and he quickly turned away.

As the coach finished assigning seats, he walked to the front of the class and began his lecture. Dylan wrote very detailed notes, hanging on to every word while Kathryn completely ignored it. And that's how the rest of class went.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you all so much for reading my story. I know the first few chapters are slow going but I hope it will get better! Let me know hat you think! Love y'all! <3