Chapter 4

~Dylan's POV~

"Hey Dylan, do you think that guy is cute? Maybe he's gay!" Dylan rolled his eyes, chuckling at his best friend, Greyson. "I wouldn't know dude, I like girls." Greyson smacked Dylan's arm, rolling his own eyes.

As they walked through the lunch line, they continued to discuss the guy's possibility of being gay and how well they were both doing in Skyrim. After getting their food, they sat down at one of the tables closest to the back wall. And they sat there, talking and eating, having a good time. As Dylan finished telling Greyson about a new weapon he had just gotten from defeating an elder dragon, he glanced over to see 3 figures walking toward them.

Looking over to get a better view, Dylan realized that Brad and his gang of jerks were approaching their table. Brad, the biggest jerk and jock of the school, at 6'3 and 170 pounds, was not the guy you wanted to agitate. As he walked toward the table, Brad knocked a puny freshman out the way.

When he got to the table, he threw Dylan's food across the room. Greyson looked at Brad. "Now that was not necessary!" Brad glanced at him before turning toward Dylan, his face full of anger.

"So you're just trying to get with my girl now is that it?" He asked, pushing Dylan's chest. Sighing, Dylan stood. "No I'm not. I'm tutoring her in math, Brad. That's it." Brad's nostrils flared. "Yeah, right. Like I'd believe you over my girl. Don't go near her again." He said, pushing Dylan's chest harder. Greyson stood now, snapping his fingers in a zigzag motion to get Brad's attention.

"Oh no you didn't! Get your greasy hands off of him." Brad glared. "Shut it, gayfer." Greyson raised his hand to his chest, mocking fake hurt. Brad turned to Dylan, pushing him once more in warning before walking off. Looking around, Dylan realized those around him had been watching. Cheeks heating in embarrassment, Dylan grabbed his things, trying to get out of there as quickly as possible.

"Where are you going?" Greyson asked, looking up at Dylan in concern. "Library." Dylan mumbled, racing from the table. In his haste to get away, he didn't realize the pair of feet before him as he was walking. Before he could stop, he tripped, falling flat on his face, and knocking off his glasses. Getting up, he could hear the laughter that had erupted around him from his fall as he picked up his books.

Turning to apologize, Dylan stopped short. Looking down, he realized he had fallen over a girls leg. She had black hair, blue eyes and looked hot. She had familiar features and it didn't take him long to realize that this was his once childhood friend, Kathryn McDaniels. He was snapped out of his thoughts as he heard her say, "Might wanna close your mouth before you let some flies in, honey."

Closing his mouth instantly, he muttered "Sorry." before turning and racing through the crowd to the library. No matter who he thought she was before, the Kathryn he had known no longer knew him.