Chapter 7

Kathryn faced her parents angrily. "Kathryn-" Her mother started, abruptly cut off by her daughter. "NO! HOW DARE YOU LET HIM IN THIS HOUSE AFTER WHAT HE DID TO US?!" Her mother started to weep then, but Kathryn didn't care. Her father stood there, stone-faced, not caring that his wife was crying. "I thought you were divorcing him anyway!" Kathryn shouted. Then she turned and glared at her father. His features seemed to soften just so slightly when he saw her.

She gave him a look of disgust. "You need to leave." She said, her voice was now calm, but the aggression in her voice was easily recognizable. Richard opened his mouth to speak but Kathryn held up a hand. "No! You will not just waltz into this house like you own it. This house is mine, Chloe's and Monica's. You don't belong here. After hurting her," she said, pointing to her mother, "and scarring your daughters for life, you don't deserve to ever have anything to do with us! And that's exactly what Chloe and I want. So get out!"

Her father looked at her coldly and then turned his gaze to her mother's. 'Please mom, don't let him stay.' She thought desperately. Kathryn's mother walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. Clearing her throat, she spoke, her voice tight from crying. "You should leave, Richard. You can belittle me all you want. I let you see them, just like you demanded." She said, seething. "Now, go."

Richard shook his head, glaring at his wife. "This isn't over Monica." He walked out the front door, slamming it behind him. Monica turned to her daughter, looking at her with a mixture of hurt and happiness. "Kat, I'm-"

Kathryn shook her head. "I don't want to hear it Monica. You shouldn't have let him in here." Monica's eyes watered but before the tears could slip, Kathryn had turned away, walking upstairs to go see her best friend and her little sister.